X

I dropped her.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dropped her.

Well today was the day I dropped my bike. After putting on some new spark plugs and going for a hour ride, I can home and park the bike. About an hour later I went for another ride, I was dark and I have never rode at night. So I take off, ride for like 30 minutes and I decide to go back home. Coming into the driveway I'm coming in faster than usual and I get to close my car. I grab a hand full of front brakes with the handle bar all the way to the left and down we go, it went down gently and in slow motion. As fast as it went down it came back up, I was embarrassed
    so I just pushed her right up. I know how to do it with my back to it, but I just macho her right up. Which was a bad idea, man she is heavy. No one saw me go down I even took a look inside the house to see if someone saw me but no, no one was there.

I know everyone most go through this but, man is it funny to me now.

She is okay only a scrach on the Suzuki cover but it already had some there.

it happens, just take it in stride and learn from it.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
      it happens, just take it in stride and learn from it.
      Yeah, like slow down when coming into the driveway .

Comment

And use the rear brake . When you use the front in a situation like that , the bike WILL go down . Like in parking lots and such with your wheel turned . Yeah , it happens .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

oh i dunno squids aye!...................lol only joking man. bad luck dude at least you didnt do too much damage.
          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Coming in too fast for a turn that's optional? Go straight, skip the turn into the drive way, overshoot and come back.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It happens to the best of us....

Comment

beware the gravel and sand! heh

Besides always wearing a helmet, that is the first advice i gave my pal who just started riding.
                2002 Suzuki Katana 600
                1980 Husqvarna cr390
                1978 Kawasaki kz400

Comment

Welcome to the club dude. I got lucky you can't even see where she went down.

Comment

same thing happened to me just after a brand new fresh paint job

welcome to the scuff club

Comment

Working...
                    X