X

Wanted - Pre '98 seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - Pre '98 seat

Looking for a seat in good condition for my '91 Katana 600...

Mine is cracked in multiple places, and keeps soaking up rainwater if I'm caught out in the rain, which seems to be often with our awesome new england weather this year..

Yeah, I could probably have it reupholstered, but can't bear to lose any ride time

Anyone have a stock seat in good condition?

Lauren
    '91 Katana 600, my knight in shining armor, very well loved and going to be well used...sigpic

You can recover it yourself in an afternoon.. Seriously, it's not that hard.

I've got a seat if you really, really, really want one. It's purple, tho.

But, seriously, buy or borrow an electric stapler if you don't have one, and some outdoor vinyl and recover the seat yourself. It's not that hard.

Comment

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Start to finish you could probably get it done in an hour... one evening after riding is done. Tools and vinyl purchased seperately are cheaper than paying someone to cover it for you.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Anyone know how much vinyl it would take? A full yard? Half a yard?
        Hmmm....it seems as though they make leopard print vinyl...cool.
        '91 Katana 600, my knight in shining armor, very well loved and going to be well used...sigpic

Comment

Ive got one in black if you still need it.
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by femmekat View Post
            Anyone know how much vinyl it would take? A full yard? Half a yard?
            Hmmm....it seems as though they make leopard print vinyl...cool.

A yard is going to be way more than plenty for you to try, and even screw up a few times.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Pic of my "Two idiots and a stapler" recovered seat:

And make sure you use marine or outdoor vinyl, or it won't hold up.

Comment

Working...
              X