No announcement yet.
X

braving the cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ride as low as 45 degrees. Extra layers and a tube scarf (dickie) around my neck and I'm O.K.

Comment

Originally posted by bwink
      I wear a skully under my helmet. It makes a world of differecne. It is a much quieter ride also.

I still have not found anything that keeps my fingers warm. Leather outer gloves with a second pair of cotton inner gloves helps but still not enough.
      A heavy pair a riding gloves vs a summer riding pair helps alot. My icon timax gauntlet style actually make my hands sweat even in the bitter cold. But wearing a pair of isotoners on underneath normal riding gloves helps alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        I know what a balaclava is , what I wanna know is , what is baclava ? I'm intrigues with the nuts & honey bit . :-k
        A rich cake of Middle-Eastern origin made of layers of filo pastry, with a filling of honey, nuts and spices.

Comment

Sounds good , make me one !
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Its a bit of an aquired taste and depending on who makes it, it can be VERY good..or not so good. We get them at the greek food festival a couple times a year around here.

Comment

What is cold weather?
              TiM

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
                What is cold weather?
                im sure it snows in texas somewhere....

+1 to the balaclava, makes a lot of difference... so do silk glove liners...

Comment

Originally posted by sexwax
                  What is cold weather?
                  You'll find out when you get to Canadia , eh .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

movin from norcal to seattle in 3 months...

good middleground tho, moved to cali from juneak, ak and you definately cant ride more than 2 months a year up there....

i hate this sunshine crap down here, but its sure nice to ride a bike in it....

Comment

I like riding in the cold. It really doesn't bother me. I had long johns on and I was hot in them. Only thing that really got cold was my hands and face.
                      KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

a $10 balaclava works wonders for keeping the face toasty.... also those windblockers that go around the bottom of the helmet... you just want to keep riding cause you'll be cold without the helmet :P

Comment

Working...
                        X