X

braving the cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• braving the cold

Rode the Kat to work today. it was about 38 degrees. it wasn't too bad (I bought a balaclava and am in love with it) I had on work pants,tshirt under work shirt, jacket, gloves and balaclava. if I'd put my long johns on I would've been quite comfortable. the ride home should be great though (70 and sunny)

there! I changed it! happy now!

yeah I ride in those temps, and its not too bad. But my ride to work is only about 20-25 minutes.
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

cold? It was close to 90 yesterday!
      Here we go again

Comment

Rode to work in almost exact temps this week....and 70 when I leave. It is EXTREMELY nice when I leave. Love it .
        2002 R1
        Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

4 Miles ? Hell , I could do that in summer gear .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

We've had the 30-40 degree mornings and 60-70 afternoon afternoons since last monday and i've rode my 96 miles roundtrip ever one of them. As long as you dress to keep the wind out, it is really a nice ride.

long-johns
            work pants
            Long Sleeve shirt
            Pull-over
            Icon Ti-Max jacket
            Balaclava
            Tour Master Cortech gloves
            Hi-Tec boots

Works evertime!!! (just not too well below 25F)
            You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

What is a Balacava? does it have nuts and honey in it?
              Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Balaclava
                Attached Files
                Last edited by katman05; 07-20-2008, 10:51 PM.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Must be nice. It's 40 when I go in and 35 when I come home. I hate night shift. But with the heavy jacket over a sweatshirt and long johns, I'm confortable enough. I just need to get some better gloves and hand sheilds.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

Wind chills at those temps can be pretty brutal..but yeah, I'll ride in those temps too ..just dress in layers and ur all set. The balaclava's are just phenemonal, I love mine !

Comment

I know what a balaclava is , what I wanna know is , what is baclava ? I'm intrigues with the nuts & honey bit . :-k
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Wind chills at those temps can be pretty brutal..but yeah, I'll ride in those temps too ..just dress in layers and ur all set. The balaclava's are just phenemonal, I love mine !
                        I've actually started wearing a bandana that just covers my neck and up over my nose. Keeps me warm enough that I can even crack the visor to see.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

Yeah before I got a balaclava, I just used a scarf all the time..worked great,and it matched my helmet too :mrgreen:

Whatever you can do to keep that wind off your neck is well worth it for a more enjoyable ride.

Comment

I wear a skully under my helmet. It makes a world of differecne. It is a much quieter ride also.

I still have not found anything that keeps my fingers warm. Leather outer gloves with a second pair of cotton inner gloves helps but still not enough.

Comment

cold

I ride when it's in the 30's sometimes. It's not so much the cold that gets me, as it is my face shield fogging. The ski-goggle antifog stuff helps some, but it's still kind of a pain. I don't like being on the bike and having trouble seeing where I am going!
                              Chris

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
                              Ralph W. Sockman

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X