No announcement yet.
X

We get no respect....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In NYC, I'm surprised I get alot of random compliments on my bike. I never thought it was that great, but I guess it looks good to other people passing by. And the best was recently a guy that was riding with my friends into NYC noticed my bike and asked how long I was riding. Turned out I've been riding the same amount of time he has. He has a CBR 600 brand new. He was very surprised at my handling and performance and complimented on it being a very nice bike and was very impressed. I guess so because I was ahead of him the whole time by like a mile and kept leaving him in the dust!

Comment

Yep people will never learn, so all you can do is just keep leavin lookin stupid and dumbfounded in the twisties

Comment

Re: Tuna? Let's talk about tuna....

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
        Whoa you stole my name! I was like WTF "I didn't write that" then I noticed the period after Mr. Are we out of names already??????? Edit: Ooops I guess I stole your name.....Sorry never saw you post here before but you did join before me
        LOL! Figures there'd be another Nice Guy out there... yeah - I joined up shortly after the KP crash/revamp... I'm more a lurker than a poster...

I guess one of us should change our name to avoid too much confusion in the future...

Wanna flip a coin?
        Mr. Nice Guy
        '04 Katana 750
        Ride safe, live long!

Comment

I'm always giving BearKat crap about his Kat!!! Like how low it can go in the corners and still stay upright (sometimes). and how I always seem to be following him up the twisties. And how that Matte black finish looks steath. Hmmm, not a bad thing to say. I loved my Kat and wish sometimes that I didn't sell it (to BearKat) however, that said...No Josh I won't trade!!
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Who cares? I don't need other people's approval of my bike, I like it so that's enough.

Comment

Yeah it pisses me right the f**k off as well! but realize that these mags only dicuss the latest and greatest bikes that have power that noone on the street will ever use. that said ignor the mags thats what this sight is here for

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
                Yeah it pisses me right the f**k off as well! but realize that these mags only dicuss the latest and greatest bikes that have power that noone on the street will ever use. that said ignor the mags thats what this sight is here for
                I know the mags are for the "street bling" crowd...but I like the ideas that they contain and they have many vendors in the back of the magazine that I like to "borrow" ideas from...got my bar ends made from a style I saw in there and my footpegs same idea....so I guess they aren't all bad...nitros on a Kat .mmm...gotta work on that....
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                  I'm always giving BearKat crap about his Kat!!! Like how low it can go in the corners and still stay upright (sometimes). and how I always seem to be following him up the twisties. And how that Matte black finish looks steath. Hmmm, not a bad thing to say. I loved my Kat and wish sometimes that I didn't sell it (to BearKat) however, that said...No Josh I won't trade!!
                  Yeah Yeah yeah, sometimes. I still get crap from ALL of the guys I ride with when I am sitting at the coffee shop. But I can hear them in the corners with them behind me. Who said I wanted to trade GK? :P
                  1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                  2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                  Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
                    Who cares? I don't need other people's approval of my bike, I like it so that's enough.
                    Right on !!!

Comment

I don't even care what You think Matt

I know what my bike is about and that is all that matter's. I mean shoot, I work on HD's and I don't care who says what about that
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

The dealer I got mine from made a crack about Kat-a-tonic. but only to let me know what I might hear from others. (was a noob) But for the price I paid and the overall quality, I'm happy. Plus I always get compliments on what a nice bike it is.
                        "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

yeah I know we need the mags I subscribe to a number of them. But for instance in the back of Motorcyclist in the section The List it says about the Katana you may know why youv'e bought one your GSXR friends won"t. Why the Katana is ragged on so much I just can't understand.

Comment

I have a Kat (obviously) but I rode a GSXR 600 for 100 miles, and all I can say is OW!. I would much rather stick with a Kat-O-Tuna than a "Causes arthritis".

Comment

I have found an excellent mag....Sportbike Rider....
                              Doesn't cater to SQUIDS.

Only problem is that it only comes out 6 issues a year.

THE DOC
                              THE DOC
                              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                              mistake when you make it again.
                              sigpic

Comment

The only bike to make both the 100 Best Bikes ever and the 10 Worst Bikes ever list at Bike [Magazine, UK]. The small print was: owner love 'em, but no one else gets it. Knit me a tea cozy grandma...

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X