X

We get no respect....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We get no respect....

Ok now I can understand the whole "Can-o-Tuna" joke...yes funny the first couple of million times...but why in my "favorite" magazine do they have to go there....I'm not the type of person to get offended at stuff but man to hear it from a moron on the street is one thing...to have the reference in a magazine is another...What am I talking about???...I read and subscribe to 2 Wheel Tuner...I really like the articles and the tricked out bikes...also many times they have interesting articles about engine work...but I was reading the "letters" section and this guy was talking about his Katana that he trashed...he was going to buy another bike and was asking for advise..now the "editor" responded with a generic response and said that finding aftermarket parts would be easier for another bike than the Kat...I agree but right in the middle of the letter is a can of Star Kist Albacore Tuna...man right there...in the middle of this "letter"...Come on..I wouldn't mind if it was regular tuna but Albacore..man that stuff is to dry...plus you know that only "Chicken of the Sea" Tuna would be acceptable but Star Kist with that goofy fish, Charlie, give me a break....at least the Mermaid is female...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Huh.......... Mermaids
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I've read that magazine,Can't say i like it,Super streetbike magizine and Motorcycle street and strip are much better imo.
      97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

I do like Super Streetbike never heard of Motorcycle Street and Strip...I'll check it out...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

ah yes, the dreaded raggin on Kats scenario..all to familiar and still pisses me off whenever I come across it.

Im sure the magazine editor which by the way I know personally didnt mean any harm and was just looking for nice little joke to throw in..but yeah it drives you nuts dont it!!

Comment

Yes that made me upset too. Until I found this site and saw some amazing mods and upgrades I can do to my Kat. Now it doesn't bother me at all.
            Know your means and then ride within them.

Comment

A magazine named 2 Wheel Tuner probably relys heavily on aftermarket parts advertising for its survival. If there is not a lot of advertising in this magazine by makers of aftermarket parts for Katanas, then its in the editor's best interest to discourage readers from owning Kats.

Getting into the sportbike world (admittedly with a sport/tourer) so cheaply has got to cheeze off those who paid 20% to 50% more for their image leader sportbikes.

Comment

Its even more fun when you go to a dealer and tell them u want this or that to put on your Kat..and they tell you, well there isnt much you can do to a Kat!! I just smile and tell them to check out KR !

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                  whats the whole can of tuna thing about though im missing something?
                  It's the standard Katana rip/burn/dis/punk/insult

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                    well i gathered that, but Why a can of tunna?
                    Kan-o-tuna sounds similar to Katana. IIRC, it was originally coined by Kat owners as a joke and then later adopted by 'others' as a derogatory term...

/kiba
                    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Tuna? Let's talk about tuna....

Have to chime in here - because this is one of those issues that I find very funny.

Tuna are among some of the fastest fish in the ocean (to quote the government site on tuna):

Found in all oceans around the world with the exception of the polar seas, tuna inhabits the upper and middle layers of ocean water to a depth of 1,600 feet or more (500 meters), depending on size and species. Tuna roam long distances and are agile predators, often feeding on smaller, particularly schooling, fishes.

Another distinguishing feature of tuna is the species’ circulatory and respiratory system, which is unique among fish, enabling them to maintain a body temperature slightly higher than the surrounding water. This additional heat, when transmitted to oxygen-rich blood, gives an extra boost to already powerful muscles, permitting some tunas to reach speeds of over 40 miles per hour for short distances. The tuna’s steady, powerful swimming sustains a uniquely high metabolic rate, which permits its extraordinary growth rate. This also places a large oxygen demand on the fish, requiring tuna to swim continuously in order to meet that demand. Tuna must swim at a rate of at least one body length per second to pass enough oxygen over their gills.

Because of their size, large tuna have few predators besides billfish, some sharks, toothed whales such as orcas and pilot whales, and humans.

So - basically,... I take "Can-o-tuna" as a compliment... sounds like being a tuna is a good thing! (More than you wanted to know about tuna... isn't it?)
                      Mr. Nice Guy
                      '04 Katana 750
                      Ride safe, live long!

Comment

Nice one Mr Nice Guy!!
                        It's like Can-o-whoop a$$
                        or
                        Canned heat..
                        or
                        Lightning in a can...

Comment

Katanas get respect its who you ride with. I had my Kat for 3 yrs and no one ever made fun of it. Especially when I was riding their a$$ in the twisties. If you ride with Squids then be ready to get razzed, they are imature so dont worry about it.

Joe
                          sigpic

Comment

Re: Tuna? Let's talk about tuna....

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
                            Have to chime in here - because this is one of those issues that I find very funny.

Tuna are among some of the fastest fish in the ocean (to quote the government site on tuna):

Found in all oceans around the world with the exception of the polar seas, tuna inhabits the upper and middle layers of ocean water to a depth of 1,600 feet or more (500 meters), depending on size and species. Tuna roam long distances and are agile predators, often feeding on smaller, particularly schooling, fishes.

Another distinguishing feature of tuna is the species’ circulatory and respiratory system, which is unique among fish, enabling them to maintain a body temperature slightly higher than the surrounding water. This additional heat, when transmitted to oxygen-rich blood, gives an extra boost to already powerful muscles, permitting some tunas to reach speeds of over 40 miles per hour for short distances. The tuna’s steady, powerful swimming sustains a uniquely high metabolic rate, which permits its extraordinary growth rate. This also places a large oxygen demand on the fish, requiring tuna to swim continuously in order to meet that demand. Tuna must swim at a rate of at least one body length per second to pass enough oxygen over their gills.

Because of their size, large tuna have few predators besides billfish, some sharks, toothed whales such as orcas and pilot whales, and humans.

So - basically,... I take "Can-o-tuna" as a compliment... sounds like being a tuna is a good thing! (More than you wanted to know about tuna... isn't it?)
                            Whoa you stole my name! I was like WTF "I didn't write that" then I noticed the period after Mr. Are we out of names already??????? Edit: Ooops I guess I stole your name.....Sorry never saw you post here before but you did join before me
                            92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

its NOT a tuna...it is shaped like a porpoise! (true fact..the design was done to evoke the loke of a porpoise)

Comment

Working...
                              X