Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Want your engine to run cooler? Check this out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want your engine to run cooler? Check this out.

I just found this stuff and thought it might be a good product for keeping our engine temps down. Anyone have experience with this stuff. Here's the link http://www.two2cool.com/index.html
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

I'm thinking it could be a "wetting" agent.
    After all is isn't pulling the heat into the chemical or something!!
    Wetting agents are used in antifreeze. The allow a better thermal link up between the liquide and the metal parts. In effect allowing the heat to transfer faster and better to the metal thus disapating (If possible) better in the air. Could be snake oil..
    Could have some real science..
    Only those who dare try it will know for sure.

Comment

I am not familiar with the oil additive, but I know that the wetting agents for water such as Redline's "Water Wetter" do work. I have also heard that they will eat rubber hoses in the long run.

Comment

I find it hard to beleave that it can drop the temp that much and I don't reccomend it for oil. 40 to 60 degrees lower can put the oil cooled bike at risk because the temp would be too low for operation. Redlines "water wetter" is a awesome product and works great for any water cooled vehicle. Oil cooled or air cooled machines are designed to run at higher temp's thus the added temperature you feel when riding. If you want a cool running vehicle get a water cooled bike.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i agree with THAZKAT

Comment

Originally posted by john 07
            i agree with THAZKAT
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The boiling temp on Two2Cool is 350 - 375 degrees F according to what I've been able to find. I suspect that it lowers the oil temps by lowering the engine temp directly at combustion event by phase-changing at that point (sucking heat out of the metal). Now, whether it produces by-products that are unhealthy for your engine is something I haven't been able to figure out, because I haven't been able to track down any MSDS data on the product (nor anything else that gives me some basis of formulation).

There was a huge discussion (25 pages) about the product going on over at Thumper-Talk.net that might be worth reading if you want more back-n-forth debating...
              http://www.thumper-talk.net/forum/pr...9&page=1&pp=10

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What thazkat said.
                97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Shoulda had some of that water wetter today in the heat here and traffic... next time, its a definate.

Comment

You should NEVER put anything in your oil. Additives do more harm than good.

Scientists spend a lot of time and money putting just the correct amount of additives in oils to give a well balanced product (especialy fully synth oil). Adding anything else in to your oil is myth to belive they actually do what they say.

There have been many tests on additives/court cases and in each one they all draw the same conclusion
                    www.gran-torino.com
                    www.nikkirous.com

Comment

Depends on the quality of the company and the product. If they have a large engineering budget a lot of test beds, and extensive testing.

If something comes from an OEM, you can believe that this will have no effect. So when you poor Suzuki oil into the engine you can be sure that everything will work well, because they probably spent several hundred thousand dollars to ensure that everything works together.

But if the company is really small and about the best they can do for a test bed, is one old tired bike tested in warm weather, for 200 hours, it really does not measure up.

If all else fails ask for Suzuki what to do. If they say, yes, you know everything has been checked out. Instead you will probably hear, we have not looked into this product, and have no intetion of looking into it.
                      Still putting everything back together.

Comment

[quote="paulos"]You should NEVER put anything in your oil. Additives do more harm than good.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's snake oil in a plastic bottle. It reminds me of that oil additive that you could add to your crank case, drain it, then run the motor for thousands of miles without oil in the case. What a bunch of b...
                        Alex - 03 750Kat for street, 01 DRZ400e for dirty fun stuff. Stay safe and ride well…

Comment

Working...
                        X