No announcement yet.
X

whats ur mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol thats funny. Katana odometer says "Im checked out, you have officially put enough miles on me for it not to matter anymore". I wonder if you could reverse it all the way back to 0 and it start functioning again?
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by Jar3d200 View Post
      So I bought a 2001 katana 600 with 21000 miles on it 3 months ago ive put around 2500 on it and now have some sputtering inbetween 6 and 7000 rpms I did a oil change tightened and lubed the chain replaced both levers put on mirrors bled and filled the brake fluid I jave a new air filter and fuel filter on order will be here tuesday. Im putting it in the shop in the morning to get the sputtering diagnosed all my buddys and friends tel me to sell it and get something different but I would like to fix this bike up and learn how to work on it seeing its my first year on a bike and I dont know much. My dad has a 92 gsxf 600 with 35000 miles on it running pretty good just wondering how many miles everyone has put on theres.
      As of today, 70,921.3 miles are on the odometer. 70,150.6 miles were ridden by me. Click on the thread below to see more

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
      on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
      or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.
      "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
      ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
      '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrNewYork View Post
        As of today, 70,921.3 miles are on the odometer. 70,150.6 miles were ridden by me. Click on the thread below to see more

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70360&page=75
        Hell yeah I started to read stopped before I got hooked especially on the one talkong about going out for lunch lol 70000 miles thats 46k more then mine had the motor rebuilt or anything?

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
        Regular maintance. Oil changes, plugs, chains sprockets, filters, brakes, etc. adjusted my valves about 10k ago. I've had to replace a few engine gaskets as they started to leak due to age. I've had the front forks rebuilt. Had a bad wheel bearing wear out a rear rim. Replaced a couple of chain tentioners till I had some custome steel boxed in ones made. I've had to rewire that common headlight issue.
        That's about it. Just keep up with maintance It's my daily driver so it sees tins of interstate miles. But gets to see the occational high rpm twisty fun on the weekends. It still runs strong. I've got a spare engine just in case but I think I will hit 100k easy. Would I be the first on here?
        Damn yeah im trying to keep mine maintained dont know how well the last owners did It but my buddy has a wrecked bandit 1200 if he doesnt fix it and I can score it for cheap my kat might be getting a bandit engine
        Last edited by Jar3d200; 09-11-2014, 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        I just wanna ride my bike
        2001 katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
          lol thats funny. Katana odometer says "Im checked out, you have officially put enough miles on me for it not to matter anymore". I wonder if you could reverse it all the way back to 0 and it start functioning again?
          With a little searching on Google I found a couple companies that can reset them for you.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

24k on my newly acquired '94 600. Will soon be going up and up

Comment

Working...
            X