X

Headed to Linconia, New Hampshire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to Linconia, New Hampshire

After a week of rain looks like the weather will be good for the weekend.
    Gonna ride toward bike week in New Hampshire, never been might make it today. If traffic sucks I will not make it, i would rather ride than sit in traffic.
    Google says it is a 115 mile ride and should take 2 hours and 46 minutes, should be a nice route across route 25 in NH too.
    Any one ever been to bike week in Linconia before? Any tips? Go here, avoid that etc..

middle of the day will be hell on traffic go a little later than 5 or earlier than 10, depending on the day going down the main strip will take you about 45 minutes between the HD shop and weirs beach(its 3 miles lol) so a map or gps is great for back roads
    Last edited by blitz2190; 06-09-2012, 07:41 AM.
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

Me and a few other people are riding out there saturday. So I'll be watching this thread
      ----USMC combat vet----
      07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

hope you guys have a safe trip
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Ill be there wed thur fri
          never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

Well that was a different atmosphere. Not my thing I guess, too much traffic, too many people for me.
            Great day yesterday just the same.
            We came into linconia from the north on rt3. Once we got to the tassel dealership traffic started to get congested. We stopped at one of the parking lots that had some stuff setup in it. tee shirt dealers and crap. Very cheap swap meet feel to it. We decided to head closer to weirs beach. The traffic got much worse, stop and sit, move 10 feet stop and sit some more. Took half an hour to clear the turn to weirs beach, we went down the lake instead of taking that turn. I had had enough of traffic by then, I prefer to ride rather than sit in traffic. Luckily my riding partner was willing to call it enough.
            As we were headed down the lake there was a lot more traffic headed north into laconia then we had seen headed south. We decided to head out a different way instead of trying to get back the way we had come. There are different routes to get back to the north end of laconia. The way we found put us at the rotary just south of the tassel dealership. We sat through more traffic to get back out of the area and bailed for 93 north, headed to the Kanc to head back to Maine.
            The kanc is a good ride, we hit it late enough in the day that the cage traffic was fairly easily dealt with and we ran a very good pace.
            Have fun while you are there blitz2190 and bagndrag, not my type of scene I guess. I got a good 11 hours of bike trip in though, around 250 miles for the day.

Comment

Yea you gotta know the area pretty well to get around traffic

confused katana build

Comment

Working...
              X