Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malloc
    now ineed a show and tell on the flat cowl

Originally posted by teddy
    For those of you looking for a hugger/sleek type cowl, just skip the whole building your mold part and do it right off the plastic wrapped seat
    If you are only able to use your factory seat and not a spare, wrap some aluminum foil over the seat under the plastic just for an extra 'piece of mind' type precaution....
    should look like this...

if you are looking to make it flat from the front to the tail like some others that were made, just use some paint stir sticks to level it off from the top lip of the back of the seat to the leading edge of the cowl....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

For some of us that are not good at making them where could you buy one already made.
      S**t happens, live with it!

Comment

As per the T.O.S. of this site, no one is allowed to offer solo cowls for sale here aside from Braada Concepts...don't ask how I know that...long, ugly story....

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by trent_dog View Post
          For some of us that are not good at making them where could you buy one already made.
          eBay.

Originally posted by teddy View Post
          As per the T.O.S. of this site, no one is allowed to offer solo cowls for sale here aside from Braada Concepts...don't ask how I know that...long, ugly story....
          Pre98 750, and 98+ 750 or 600.

There is no restriction on pre98 600's.
          Last edited by steves; 11-26-2007, 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

to clarify....no one is allowed to sell "new" solo cowls for the 98 + kats. You can still find used ones available in the for sale section from time to time. In all honesty, they aren't that difficult to make. And considering the quality vs the price you can expect to pay, I think you are far better off to try and make one yourself (or buy used if you get a good deal).

IMHO the braada cowls look good only on the 98-02 tail (and only in pictures unless some additional finishing work has been done) but it looks odd and out of place on the sleeker 03-06 tail.

Originally posted by steves View Post

eBay.

Pre98 750, and 98+ 750 or 600.

There is no restriction on pre98 600's.
            has something changed then? I don't think the pre 98 750's were included in that list originally?

Last edited by chinto; 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post

has something changed then? I don't think the pre 98 750's were included in that list originally?
              Jim made and marketed Pre98 750 solo cowls for a short period of time... you can see one on HS2020's bike.... so technically it's part of the agreement if not explicitly spelled out.
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Jim made and marketed Pre98 750 solo cowls for a short period of time... you can see one on HS2020's bike.... so technically it's part of the agreement if not explicitly spelled out.
                if that is the case (even though he doesn't make them anymore) you should update this: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74569

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

whats the problem of this if he is not making them anymore or emailing people back or filling orders.

poeple still want to get a cowl made for them ( im one of them ) and id rather not wait a whole year and pay somethign outraguos waiting to find one somewhere or ebay .
                  i woulnd not be good at making one myself even if it is easy ( i barly made a hot pot coaster in fiberglass class in highscholl properly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                    if that is the case (even though he doesn't make them anymore) you should update this: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74569
                    Originally posted by Malloc View Post
                    whats the problem of this if he is not making them anymore or emailing people back or filling orders.

poeple still want to get a cowl made for them ( im one of them ) and id rather not wait a whole year and pay somethign outraguos waiting to find one somewhere or ebay .
                    i woulnd not be good at making one myself even if it is easy ( i barly made a hot pot coaster in fiberglass class in highscholl properly.
                    I'm starting to grow weary of this topic. Jim NEVER stated ANYWHERE to my knowledge that he has ceased, or plans to cease operation of Braada Concepts.

A specific agreement was made with Jim on how the site would be owned and operated after he stepped down, and the right to sell cowls was something he wished to maintain.

It is up to Jim on what the terms of his communications will be with us, or anyone who has placed an order with him.

This thread again contains everything we know: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74569

If you want to make your own cowl, go for it.
                    If you want to show others how to make your own cowl, good on you.
                    If you want to sell cowls for Pre98 750, or 98+ 600 & 750 you can't do it here.
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to grow weary of this topic.
                      I think I have been weary of this topic since the first "where's my cowl thread I saw

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Great job Grumpy!!! What was the total cost in material and time spent making it.
                        "Army Strong" Chief Warrant Officer Brisco!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XMAN75 View Post
                          Great job Grumpy!!! What was the total cost in material and time spent making it.
                          Thanks

This will be rough and in Sterling, Approx £5 can of foam, £15-20 fibreglass mat and resin, £10 filler (I used less than 1/4 a tin but that is the tin cost), £15 filler primer/primer (1 filler primer, 2 primer), £5 wet and dry. That comes to about £50 in materials. Plus the final paint which I am getting a shop to do because it is a candy finish, they are charging £50.

Time was 2 weeks, but that is obviously in between work, going out, seeing the wife etc , I suppose about 10-12 hours, not including drying time.
                          Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                            I think I have been weary of this topic since the first "where's my cowl thread I saw
                            I agree with Chinto here.
                            I belive that everything that needs to be said, has been said.
                            Yall have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                            X