Katriders 2010 SoCal Rally

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Mechanics 101

Mechanics 101 Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Old 07-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
erilude
Chicken Strip

Default Front Hub/Fender

Does anyone know a good to remove this. There are 4 alan screws holding it to the plate. I managed to remove one of the 4. Do I have to remove the front wheel to access the rest. I need advice quick, I installed red LED lighting throughout, just got the bike painted black....sooo seeexxxyyy. But my front hubis still blue
*It's a 97 before I forget.
Thanks
erilude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
BarMatt80
Kat Master

when removing the front fender i have always taken the front wheel off, but then again i was changing fork seals as well. it is the easiest way to do it. i think. i found you can't remove the 4 bolts that hold the metal plate to the fork tubes and get it out, i always had to remove the fender from the plate and then plate from the forks.
BarMatt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
FASHER
Miss Tennessee -AKA- Bubblicious

KOTM Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarMatt80
when removing the front fender i have always taken the front wheel off, but then again i was changing fork seals as well. it is the easiest way to do it. i think. i found you can't remove the 4 bolts that hold the metal plate to the fork tubes and get it out, i always had to remove the fender from the plate and then plate from the forks.
I'm in the process of doing the same thing. I'd remove the wheel, but I dont have torque wrenches (at least I think I need one to put the wheel back on porperly). BarM, how did you get the plate off? I can't seem to get under the smaller side of the fender to loosen those bolts. Do you have a special tool?

BTW, here are a few links I got from searching the forum. As for removing the front wheel (pre 98's) looks like some do and some don't....

http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...t=front+fender

http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...t=front+fender
FASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
BarMatt80
Kat Master

yeah retorquing is needed if you remove the wheel. you can rent them at napa, advanced auto, autozone, pretty much any parts store for free, just put a deposit and once you bring it back they refund it.

i have only taken off the front fender when i have taken off the front wheel, so i cna't comment on how to take it off with the wheel on. I couldn't imagine doing it with it on, but i think some have before. the way i do it is, remove the wheel, take the 4 nuts and bolts that hold the fender to the plate off and then the 4 hex head bolts that hold the plate to the forks.
BarMatt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Mechanics 101