Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Any way to improve the brake performance for an 05 Kat 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to improve the brake performance for an 05 Kat 750?

Been reading through the posts trying to find just some simple suggestions as to improve the braking performance of the Kat...

would appreciate a point in the right direction for parts...snafus and approximate cost and the kind of improvements from the investment.

thanks

JC

HH pads and new brake fluid Cyber tends to recommmend Castrol GT LMA, or Valvoline PowerSynth .

I couldn't find the castrol and went with valvoline with new HH pads. Did a stoppie doing some panic stops in an empty lot .

You could add Stainless steel brake lines, but with an 05 your lines are really still good for 3 more years so it's a judgement call on your part. (Suzuki recommends changin lines every 4 years)
    Kyle

Comment

Woobie beat me to the punch and pretty much said everything I was going to say.

SpeedBleeders (makes flushing more painless)
      EBC HH pads up front
      for an '05 that should do it.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My setup was about $1000US...maybe a little less, 'cause I bought a braided blue clutch line to match the brake lines :P

Galfer wave rotors X3
        Galfer blue braided lines (2line kit - no splitter)
        Galfer green pads
        speed bleeders X4

The majority of the cost was in the rotors. With our group buy, I got the front rotors for about $500, and the rear was around $100-ish. Over at Cyclebrakes.com, braided line kits are actually very affordable, at about $75 for the front lines. Pads depend on compound and brand.
        FrankenKat 1216
        GS Fiter 816
        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

I read on here somewhere about putting GSXR master cylinders I think that is for both front and rear
          here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
          http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by dragkota
            I read on here somewhere about putting GSXR master cylinders I think that is for both front and rear
            Rear master cylinders are the same as far as I know from the
            GS500 to the 'busa..

I run an 04 GSXR600 front MC..
            Well worth the $35 I paid

My suggestions:

Castrol LMA fluid (Dennis Kirk dot com $3-4/ bottle.
            superior in it's clarity, as well as working better IMO..
            I've run it back to back with generic fluid)

Stainless steel lines (you are not due for new lines yet.. but
            with SS line you never will be. Braided line offer more
            power transmision and better feel)

Maintenance (keep the calipers clean, bled, and guide pins lubed)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              Stainless steel lines (you are not due for new lines yet.. but with SS line you never will be.
              That's a falacy... SS lines still have rubber hose inside and rubber still loses it's VOC's over time, so even SS lines have to be replaced with age.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Stainless steel lines (you are not due for new lines yet.. but with SS line you never will be.
                That's a falacy... SS lines still have rubber hose inside and rubber still loses it's VOC's over time, so even SS lines have to be replaced with age.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

Mine are teflon.. and have a lifetime warrenty..
                So while I may have to replace them..... someday
                I won't be spending $75 for hoses..
                Especially not every 5 years

Comment

Just the HH pads did wonders on MY old bike . Brake lines are probably OE , so like 13 years old . But the new brake fluid ALSO did quite a bit . So I'd START with the HH's , Speddbleedrs , and new fluid . Should make you go "whoa" when you grab a fistful of brake .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Mine are teflon.. and have a lifetime warrenty..
                    Teflon lined, not teflon thru-and-thru.
                    And you'll probably never use the lifetime warrantee, because by the time they breach, you'll have already replaced them (preventative maint), traded to a new bike or crapped your pants AND found out you can't find the receipt.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

im not sure but i think better tires help you on your breaking too. it would increase your breaking power and skidding less. Good tires = less skid. Less skid = less braking distance =)

Comment

Originally posted by victor
                        im not sure but i think better tires help you on your breaking too. it would increase your breaking power and skidding less. Good tires = less skid. Less skid = less braking distance =)
                        Superb point!
                        If you are still on the original tires, seriously consider upgrading. My braking distance decreased and controllability increased when I swapped over.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X