X

Raising my Katana back up???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising my Katana back up???

My bike is a '95 750 Katana. The guy I bought the bike from (katana_j on here) said he had the bike lowered. Being somewhat taller than he is, I'd like to raise the bike back up a bit, but I've never worked on a motorcycle before. I am mechanically literate, but just not familiar with motorcycles. Do you just adjust the preload on the front and rear to adjust the height or is there a way to raise the height without affecting the stiffness of the suspension?

bama
    What the deuce!?!

Links

HE MAY HAVE USED THESE.

If that's the case you may have to change them back.
    "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Or just ask him what he did to it . USUALLY the links are swapped out as Bobkat mentioned (at least that's the RIGHT way to do it) , and sometimes the seat foam is shaved . Also , usually the forks are raised relative to the triple tree , so if the fork tubes seem to be sticking up kinda far there , they probably ARE .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

He told me the people he bought it from lowered it for him. He said the lowered it some, he got on, wanted it lowered a bit more, and so they lowered it some more. The way he said it seemed as if they did the adjustments right there in front of him, but he wasn't sure what they did. I'll have to investigate further on the bike and see if the fork tubes look funny.
        What the deuce!?!

Comment

Working...
        X