No announcement yet.
X

Half helmets are a NO NO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never heard a good reason to wear a half-face helmet. That's because a good reason doesn't exist. I think it's more of a fashion statement for cruiser or Harley riders than anything. A high percentage give into peer presure to 'look the part' of a Harley rider.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      I've never heard a good reason to wear a half-face helmet. That's because a good reason doesn't exist. I think it's more of a fashion statement for cruiser or Harley riders than anything. A high percentage give into peer presure to 'look the part' of a Harley rider.
      Well this is true, however in states that dont have helmet laws, the part includes a cut off shirt, jeans, sunglasses and a dumb grin across their face like they drive a friggen lamborghini. One of my neighbors says "one day youll own a real bike" to me. lol he has a harley full bagger. im like one day youll grow some balls and get a bike with 200hp. lol shut him up pretty quick
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Well this is true, however in states that dont have helmet laws, the part includes a cut off shirt, jeans, sunglasses and a dumb grin across their face like they drive a friggen lamborghini.
        Haha, I live in one of those states, and I would feel like a jackass looking like that, though, this is very true as a lot of these people just need to look the part :/ Leather and assless chaps FTL.

Comment

IMO if you don't wear a full face helmet at absolute bare minimum, you are a fricking suicidal severely slow person. Helmets save lives. My full face saved my life when I got hit by a car, I was completely skinned on my right side, which is why I now wear a full face double flip up helmet, a shift armored jacket, riding gloves, and as soon as I can afford them, armored pants. Last time I spent 3 days digging rocks out of my arms and legs. Take it from me, Gear Up! An ounce of prevention, is TRULY worth a pound of cure. At least wear a full face helmet please. I never expected a car to hit me. It can happen, be prepared. I hope you all listen.
          "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
          "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

Originally posted by Drinknthink View Post
            IMO if you don't wear a full face helmet at absolute bare minimum, you are a fricking suicidal severely slow person. Helmets save lives. My full face saved my life when I got hit by a car, I was completely skinned on my right side, which is why I now wear a full face double flip up helmet, a shift armored jacket, riding gloves, and as soon as I can afford them, armored pants. Last time I spent 3 days digging rocks out of my arms and legs. Take it from me, Gear Up! An ounce of prevention, is TRULY worth a pound of cure. At least wear a full face helmet please. I never expected a car to hit me. It can happen, be prepared. I hope you all listen.
            I had the same experience many years ago and also gear up heavily every time I ride.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I think they realize that since their harleys only have like 30 hp compared to our bikes, lol, they dont need protection cause they cant go much past freeway speed lol hahahahahaha jk
              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
              Current Bikes:
              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Yeah, I only wear full helmets.

Comment

Only full face there is no other option for me

Comment

Gear up!!! Anyone who has come into contact with pavement will tell you the same thing! I laid down my first bike (Nighthawk 450) when I was 16. My state legislators thought it a good idea to let folks ride around on 2-wheels BEFORE they could get a license for a vehicle with 4 wheels. I'm 40 now, and wear an HJC CL-SP helmet, cortech padded jacket and pants, AGV gauntlet gloves, and Oxtar boots. Sure the gear ran me about five bills, but it is ESSENTIAL!!!

Comment

If there was no helmet law in Oregon I'd ride every now and then without the lid... up the street to the store kinds of thing. I know people think I'm suicidal for that but oh well. Running to the store I throw on a lid and gloves and roll with a t shirt and vans... There is a chance I could get pretty bad road rash at 25 in my neighborhood and if I wasn't wearing a lid I could die from that and for the same reason I don't wear a one piece to roll to the corner store I'll take my chance.

FWIW 99% of the time I'm in a full face(arai), leather jacket(a*), gloves(a*), riding boots(a*) and I'm working on getting a pair of kevlar jeans.
                      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                      ---
                      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Originally posted by vonrapier View Post
                        I was riding years ago to University on the freeway. And had an open face helmet on. Was going around 65 mph and was hit with a big bumble bee that was flying across the lanes. Man, it was like getting hit with a large ball bering, and a good thing I had both hands on the handle bar because it would of knocked me right off the seat.
                        I take it in the end you never got to the university since you still don't know how to use English properly.

Comment

English, did you join the forum just to make that comment?

Comment

Originally posted by sky1865 View Post
                            English, did you join the forum just to make that comment?
                            I lol'd

Comment

Bad Wolf.............lol

Thanks Mom........
                              sigpic
                              98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                              Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Das purdy funnee
                                95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                                Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                                ---
                                I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Working...
                                X