Upcoming trip to the Dragon etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming trip to the Dragon etc.

Hey all!
    A couple buddies and I are taking a road trip to the Dragon, Skyway etc. in two weeks. We will be traveling from Mobile, Alabama to Atlanta to pick up another rider then over to the Smokey's. I got great advice on equipment to take from Cyberpoets post. I was going to survey you all and see if anyone had any route advice that would get us off the beat and path to more scenic routes. Thanks in advance!
    Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
    96 ATK 250
    2000 Road King Classic
    92 Suzuki Intruder 800
    06 Suzuki Katana 600

Pick a road, any road, they are all nice around there. This may also help http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/nc.html
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

231 to 411 is the main route for the back way.lots of good detours off those hyways,if time is not a factor?

Comment

Only thing I would recomend, is allot about 2X the time to travel the back roads over what you would normally think.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you have the time, try going to Fred W. Symmes Chapel. It's part of Camp Greenville with the YMCA. It's also called Pretty Place, at the top of the mountians in the Ceaser's Head State Park. It's off of Hwy 276, near the North Carolina/South Carolina border. Lots of twisties all the way up.
          ~Rachel

Hope, like the gleaming taper's light,
          Adorns and cheers our way;
          And still, as darker grows the night,
          Emits a brighter ray. ~Oliver Goldsmith (1730 - 1774)

What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's and good info. Katman, great link! I printed off a couple of the maps for reference. I will only have two days to ride so I will have to choose my roads wisely this time around. I will probably do the dragon a few times and then the skyway. Thoughts for two days?
            Push the limits, but always factor in the unknown....
            96 ATK 250
            2000 Road King Classic
            92 Suzuki Intruder 800
            06 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Wayah Road to Franklin, 64 to Highlands, NC28....Blue Ridge Parkway, Foothills Parkway, Cherahola Skyway.....just can't go wrong around here.

Comment

Be careful, and watch for cops up there, they are always out in force this tim of the year.

Comment

Working...
                X