Exact paint matching? - Pre 600 Gold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exact paint matching? - Pre 600 Gold

Howdy folks,

I need to strip off the stickers and repaint my pre 600 to her original gold. Would anyone out there happen to have the info on the exact color match for a 1997 Katana 600 in Gold? Thanks!

I could also use an opinion. I'm planning on using a red/maroon on top of the gold for some graphics. Does anyone have a specific red/maroon they recommend? I'm thinking of the Gold/Maroon of Florida State University.

Thanks guys.

Gold and maroon go good together, go for it. As for matching the original gold, some paint/autobody supply stores have a scanner to scan paint. Just take in a piece of the bike and they can scan it. Then they will mix however much of it for you to match the color.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I'm hoping to avoid pulling the fairing off and just getting a specific number from someone here so I can just give them that.

Any suggestions on shades or what to avoid when trying to mix maroon and gold together?

Comment

You can look up the paint codes (I think) on ron ayers if it was a stock color http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_00...lor_page_2.bmp

In fact, color rite lists the colors for 1997... gold isn't one of them.
        Last edited by steves; 11-21-2007, 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks steves...

Hmmmm, no Gold listed except for a "(tape)" and I'll assume that refers to the stickers. The number is 764 and that is reference just acros from it so I'm assuming that is the color.

Any idea on a good red to go with it?

Comment

Working...
          X