Clear All

• RIDING

WHICH ONE DO U LIKE BEST FOR ????
    LEATHER
    0%
    TEXTILE
    0%

Textile.
    My wife and I have both... and we like the Cortech GX Sport Jackets the best... They have much more venting for hot riding than do the Leather Jackets... and armor all over your elbow, shoulder and spine.
    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

This poll is unfair... i like the comfort & protection of leather and the looks of textile. Add a category for us confused souls.
      Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

I've only got leather, I don't know the wonders of this lightweight and cool material that you speak of.
        05 GSX-600
        89 zx750r
        04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Originally posted by jw
          I've only got leather, I don't know the wonders of this lightweight and cool material that you speak of.
          I've only got textile, I don't know the wonders of this protection and expensive material that you speak of.

Comment

I wear leather most of the time, but I will wear a textile jacket on in colder weather.

I find I get just as hot in textile gear as leather come summer (when stopped) and the textile makes me feel like I'm wearing a parachute at highway speeds with all the vents open.

Now Mesh textile is another story, that stuff is like wearing shorts and a t-shirt comfort wise.

As for leather being expensive, it is if you buy new, look around and deals can be had on close outs, ebay or the for sale sections of most bike boards. Textile gear isn't cheap either if you hit a dealer, I picked up my speedmaster leather jacket off ebay for less than the Dealer cost of a decent textile jacket up here.
            Kyle

Comment

New enough has some good closeout deals right now on jackets... leather and textile.

Comment

I wear leather, however I am considering a pair ot textile pants.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Have a leather jacket now, but I'm seriously looking at getting a textile jacket like a Joe Rocket - ditto on the pants.
                  ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                  Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

i just bought a Tourmaster Textile that I really like. I plan on getting some textile overpants as well and eventually a full set of leather.
                    I found a place that will custom fit a set for 350$
                    I love my Kat!!
                    2000 burgandy 750

Comment

It's good to own a pair of both textile and leather pants. They both come in handy, using the textile pants for say commuting to work is great because most times they can fit over your work pants without too much hassle.

Comment

i've only had my one textile jacket (icon timax)... but i got my fiance a really nice leather jacket because i wanted her to be as safe as possible... and she absolutely loves it, even in the summer.

my next jacket will probably be perforated leather with lots of ventalation and some sort of removable liner like hers.
                        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                        X