No announcement yet.
X

Everyone wear boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear steel tow leather boots. I have to wear them for work so I just wear them for riding too. I think that they protect just fine. But I would like to get something that looks better someday....

Ryan

Comment

I dont wear boots, but I do tuck in my laces. I almost droped my bike because my laces got wraped around the peg.
      2006 Kat 600

Comment

Not to jack the thread but what do you guys think about using race car style boots like Simpson.
        2006 Kat 600

Comment

Driving shoes are great for driving a car. They're made with contours on the heel and edges that make it easy to do the right thing with the pedals.

Car shoes have none of the features you want on a motorcycle:
          sturdy grippy soles
          reinforcement for the shifter area
          armor for toes, heel, and ankle

If it's a real racing shoe, it has flame retardant fabric that will do you no good on a motorcycle, so why pay extra for it?

Comment

If you have a pair of good sturdy over ankle boots then you are fine.

Comment

Not always . Riding boots usually have a reinforced sole that resists flex , as well as sliders (for when you drag your toes accidentally) and armor . Steel-toes will be better than sneakers , sure , but NOT as good as purpose-built riding boots .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just about anything is better than sneakers..and if you dont have riding boots then work boots are a doable alternative. You can find decent riding boots online at many gear sites at great prices.

Comment

I'm not even a rider yet so take my response with a grain of salt. Everything I have read says to wear boots with ankle protection. I enjoy walking (A LOT) so I plan to wear proper boots in order to continue enjoying the use of my legs/feet. That's my .02 dollars.
                  -If you don't like my driving, stay out of the dytch!-

Comment

I'm with md86. Over-ankle purpose focused. I like my feet/ankles to stay unbroken.

Reviews-->http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/

Comment

I personally LOVE my Icon Super Duty 2 boot. Very comfotable and they look good to just wear around the office. They took very little time to break in as well. I would highly recommend them.

I too am under the idea that one should wear as much gear as possible when riding. We all look at cars that have all of these safety features and yet would just as easily go riding in shorts and a tee shirt. I find that mind boggling.

I currently do not have pants but I plan on getting some of the Icon jeans and some over pants for weekend riding. Currently I have an Icon lid, Icon Daytona jacket, some of the Icon gloves and the boots. I feel safe when riding even though I am a complete noob (been riding all of a month).
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Ummm, how long have you been riding around without pants
                        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                          Just about anything is better than sneakers..and if you dont have riding boots then work boots are a doable alternative.
                          I wear the best of both worlds. The Icon Standard boot is purpose-built and looks like a work boot much like the Super Duties. Comfortable as well. Won't ride without them.

Comment

Working...
                          X