• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR's size?

Need opinion from the forum...
    I'm 5'10" 195lbs...
    Desired Jacket:Joe Rocket Twist
    Question:what size is right for me?i tried the alpinestar 42 and it was tight on me...the guy in the store says that 's how it supposed to be...but i looked like the walking dead...
    The reason i tried the alpine star jacket was because the store didn't have any JR jacket that i can compared it with...
    So if there is anybody with any wisdom on this matter...
    Please help me...
    Thanks

Go try one on .

I'd say you want a 44 or maybe a 46. Also if you regularly wear a back protector take that into consideration too as it takes up more space than the flimsy "stock" back protector foam pad.

Something to remember a 42 Alpinestar fit's differently that a 42 JR, or Teknic, spyke etc etc. And different models of jacket fit differently than other ones of the same maker even though they are both marked 42.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by natural
      Question:what size is right for me?i tried the alpinestar 42 and it was tight on me...the guy in the store says that 's how it supposed to be...but i looked like the walking dead...
      The reason i tried the alpine star jacket was because the store didn't have any JR jacket that i can compared it with...
      Personally, I wear Alpinestars. JR's DO NOT fit me. Doesn't matter what size they are.

GO TRY ONE ON BEFORE BUYING!!!!

Trust me. If you don't....you'll be sorry.

Comment

JR's tend to run generally alittle small. Example; my JR phoenix jacket and my Blaster 2 jacket both are comparable to a size smaller in ICON or some FirstGear jackets I tried on.

Comment

How about back protector,shoulder,and elbows any recommendation on any particular brand?
          I'm assuming that Joe Rocket Twist has pocket to house these protection...am i right?

Comment

Most motorcycle jackets have armour. BUT the Back protector (if you can call it that ) is a thin piece of foam.

I took these pics for anopther post but here you can see the difference.

right side is the foam insert from a Joe rocket jacket, left side is an Alpinestar tech back protector.

As you can see a jacket that fits snug with the JR insert, you'll be lucky to beable to zip up with the Alpinestar .
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
              Personally, I wear Alpinestars. JR's DO NOT fit me. Doesn't matter what size they are.

GO TRY ONE ON BEFORE BUYING!!!!

Trust me. If you don't....you'll be sorry.
              THIS MAN IS WISE!

consequently...the Alpinestars DO NOT fit me....I am 6', 195 lbs (I wear JR 46)
              Luckily our dealership carries several brands, and has a huge selection in stock.

Comment

New enough has alot of armor, much better than the stuff that comes with many of the jackets you can buy from the dealer or online. Upgrading the armor is highly recommended anytime you can.

Comment

Does anybody know if the sizing on Alpinestar is close To JOe Rocket?
                  Thanks

Comment

Does anybody know if the sizing on Alpinestar is close To JOe Rocket?
                    Thanks
                    as Junior and I have stated....Joe Rocket fits me...Alpinestars doesn't....and the opposite is true for Junior....TRY IT ON FIRST!

Comment

Normally you hear it this way. Alpinestars fits those skinny european guys, JR is for fat Americans .
                      Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                        Alpinestars fits those skinny european guys,
                        Junior
                        Originally posted by woobie
                        JR is for fat Americans .
                        Range.

Comment

Junior has a fat arse...I have broad shoulders!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                            Junior has a fat arse...I have broad shoulders!
                            Some women find the term "broad" offensive Dave. Don't you mean you have "womens shoulders". C'mon man get with the pc program

Comment

alpinestars is smaller sizing then joe rocket... it all depends on the type of jacket. if you go to the shop they will have a book, and in there is a description of the type of jacket. it will be pre curved.. ie racing type, or casual riding gear. you need to figure out what type you want and realize the more race motivated the gear the smaller, and snugger it will fit to you. try on all different styles, and you will find one that fits just right.
                              ddsis
                              "One pork sausage please...."

Comment

Working...
                              X