X

My 84 Kat Resto piccys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 84 Kat Resto piccys

This is where i'm up to with my kindo of resto will get motor back soon and drop it back in Pic (1) suzuki air brushed on tank couldnt find decals anywhere looks as good as original. Pic(2) air brushed GSX1100 The extra S on the end sorry just had to personalise a bit. Pic (3) oil cooler behind original cover bit of work to do it but keeps it looking more original. Pic (4) Changed the indicators to smaller lighter ones i dont want the fairing to break around them again i think the are in keeping with the look of the original bike. Pic(5) Spoked wheels cos i just love old kats with spokes. Pic(6) Restored old Marzucchi shocks cos there old style and seem to work alright for me. Pic(7) Push pull throttle to accomadate the new flat slide carbs, was told it wouldnt fit and the switches would have to be left of and switches put some where else but a bit of dremmel work and i have the switches and the throttle on any comments so far . Have a new supertrap exhaust 4in1 to go on just got to wait a week for the motor to come back from being baked enameld Cheers again Billy PS will add more Piccys on completion just need a good original seat please respond KATMAN LOL
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crabbait; 05-17-2010, 01:42 AM.

Very nice looks good.
    What do you mean you put oil cooler behind cover?You mean you left the cover in place?

Comment

Looks real sweet, good job
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
        Very nice looks good.
        What do you mean you put oil cooler behind cover?You mean you left the cover in place?
        In the third photo, it looks like he has some fittings sticking out for a earls cooler. My question is more, what size and spec of cooler as I have a earls install on my 82 and there would not e room to have the stock cover put back and still have it be flush with the small side fairings on mine. Curious to have a few more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
          In the third photo, it looks like he has some fittings sticking out for a earls cooler. My question is more, what size and spec of cooler as I have a earls install on my 82 and there would not e room to have the stock cover put back and still have it be flush with the small side fairings on mine. Curious to have a few more details.

Suzuki efe oil cooler ,Perect width but to high to fit behind the grill. So i took it to a friends radiator shop and he took about 25mm of the height and soldered new brackets on so it bolts onto existing holes. Then had to cut the back of the grill fins down so it fit snugly inside couldn't use the original grill mount bolt holes as they would have gone through the cooler,so a couple more brackets soldered on and its now bolted on at the top and bottom. A bit of mucking around but i think looks neat and keeps the bike looking more original. And the best bit is it only cost me 30 dollars for the oil cooler and 6 beers 3 for me and 3 for him as we reworked the oil cooler
          Last edited by crabbait; 05-17-2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X