Big Kat (1100) Alternative Forks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Kat (1100) Alternative Forks

Hi

Does anyone know which forks will fit straight into the 1100 as good used replacements have become very scarse over here. I'm on a bit of a budget at this time of the year

Will the early GSXR750/1100 forks or Bandit 600 forks work or are they too short?

Eventually I'd like to fit the Bandit style multi piston calipers.

Cheers for now.

Originally posted by LancKat View Post
    Hi

Does anyone know which forks will fit straight into the 1100 as good used replacements have become very scarse over here. I'm on a bit of a budget at this time of the year

Will the early GSXR750/1100 forks or Bandit 600 forks work or are they too short?

Eventually I'd like to fit the Bandit style multi piston calipers.

Cheers for now.

What needs replaced? The reason I ask is, usually it's the tubes that get damaged/bent, and the lowers are fine. Since that leaves you with lots of good parts except for tubes, sourcing new tubes can increase your options.

http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/ makes fork tubes, and is very reasonably priced. Cheaper than OEM for sure. They have a ton of positive reviews all over the webs and other bike forums too.

That said, check the wiki... pretty sure we have some information on fork sizes from all types of bikes in there.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You can fit b12 calipers up without swapping forks. All you need is to either fab a mounting bracket or switch the rotors to pre 600/750 rotors.

Are your forks damaged? Or are you not satisfied with performance?
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

What year 1100 are we talking here?

Franks tubes are generally thicker and have a smaller ID which may cause issues with aftermarket parts, TNK is located on the other side of the pond from us and match OEM specs.

Tmod

Comment

Big Kat Forks

There are a couple of issues.

The main one is I've (bike shop included) re- sealed the forks twice and they don't seem to seal properly. Here in the UK the roads are dire and it is a bone jarring experience riding my bike (with leaking seals!). Sometimes I also feel there could be something wrong as the bike seems to track ridges in the road surface (tire pressures are religuously checked).

Another reason is I'm quite tall and I use the 1100F bike year round. My journey to work is at slow speeds and I don't feel confident riding it (it also feels physically small).

By changing forks I hoped to get a slight height increase.

The last reason is, I don't sell bikes on a whim so would like to future proof myself. There seems more GSXR, Bandit and Small GSXF parts around than big GSXF.

Comment

Working...
          X