X

Vintage racing at Cayuga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage racing at Cayuga

This might be of interest to some folks: http://www.onmotorcycle.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=869

I am a new CVMG member and sent a message to Dave to find out more which I'll post when I get it. I'm toying with the idea of taking the Kat out for a blast around ( or maybe that's a put-put around in my case....Rossi I ain't).

It should be interesting and fun.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Originally posted by spyug View Post
    This might be of interest to some folks: http://www.onmotorcycle.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=869

I am a new CVMG member and sent a message to Dave to find out more which I'll post when I get it. I'm toying with the idea of taking the Kat out for a blast around ( or maybe that's a put-put around in my case....Rossi I ain't).

It should be interesting and fun.

Cheers,
    Spyug

Yes i'm interested let us know, are you running yet?

Comment

I'm well on my way to getting on the road. It's running and almost complete. I've got fresh rubber on, fresh rebuilt calipers installed with new pads. I'm putting the turn signals and horns on this weekend and if time permits, I'll clearcoat the bodywork and get it ready for installation.

I was hoping to get a trial run in on my birthday Tuesday coming but that likely won't happen anyway as I'm kinda snowed in. But in a week or two It'll be road test time

That would give me maybe 2 .5 months to get used to it before track days....that ought to be enough

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
      spyug

Comment

I got this reply with contact e-mail from David the organizer:

[email protected]

The 4 groups consit of 15 bikes each , the slow group is perfect for begginer riders and riders who just want to circulate the track and improve ridding skills .
        The only passing in this group is on the straights .
        The medium groups is the same as the slow in passing but a little faster ,
        good for small displacement race bike salso .
        The medium fast the passing is on the straight and exit of a corner only
        the bikes in this groups are biiger and faster and the riders are a little more experianced on the track .
        The fast group passing rules are the same as medium fast for the reasons of safety , it is not a race weekend and some times some people forget that and try passing into corners and force other riders to go off their line
        perfect group for the experianced rider , racer .

In the first 2 groups you can wear balistic nylon riding gear or leather , leather boots that cove your ankles , full face helmet and gloves .
        In the last 2 groups it is full leather only 1 or 2 peice zip together , boots , helmet and gloves .
        If your bike is a street bike you should tape lights and signals , remove mirrors if possible or tape them , silicone the oil drain plug and if your bike has a rad drain the rad fluid in replace with deionized water , that goes for race or track bikes also .

If you dont want to come out and ride come out and watch or bring your stuff to sell .

MAY 29 and 30 at Toronto motorsports park , Kohler rd , Cayuga .
        Cost $125 per rider per day .

There is a fair amount of building interest on the GS Resourced site and from talking to other folks around it seems it is well attended and bundles of fun. For the beginner sections, the kit and bike prep are not restrictive so there is no reason to not run your street bike.

I think it will be a hoot and my "posse" ( can you say pit crew) are on side. Now where do I get one of those shade tent thingies so we can look the part of the possers that we are

Cheers,
        Spyug

Comment

So somebody throw me the keys to a vintage bike and I'm in.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
          X