Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

difference between 98 and 03 for rear rack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between 98 and 03 for rear rack?

I made a mount for a trunk for my 98 600 but it is a little bouncy. Renntec makes a rack for 2003 and newer. Does anyone know what the difference is? They want $155 plus shipping. Just curious if anyone has made it fit the 98 to 02 model and what it takes. Gentle nudging or may as well start from scratch.
    Any info would be appreciated. I have looked up racks but have not seen anyone address this exact issue. If it just takes some tweaking I would consider it. I have a welder but I do not know if my skill is good enough to make a rack. Don't need a weld cracking and a rack and trunk getting caught in the back wheel if you k ow what I mean.

Givi makes a rear rack that will bolt right up to a 98. I found one on Ebay for $138. I have a Givi V46 mounted. It works great and is very stable. I also modified a side rack for a 650 Vstrom to fit my 98 750. I cut off most of the mounting hardware and rewelded the attachment point to mount Givi V35 bags. I found the bracket on Ebay for $100 delivered.
    Attached Files

Comment

AFAIK, 03 onward models have different tail light and tail section plastics. Rear subframe might be different, too. If so, a tail rack for 2003 model might not be able to bolt directly onto an 98 model subframe.
      Just to be sure, compare the subframe part number between the two model years, check with any Suzuki online parts fishe..

Comment

Working...
      X