X

small oil leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small oil leak

ok engine seems to be leaking oil from where the oil S-tube goes down from the head to the block. it got new o-rings on install but is now leaking oil, i really don't want to take the engine off again, because i know something else will go. is there anything reccomended like jb-weld, grease, some other product thats made for this?

I see a whole lot of people have looked at this but no-one had any suggestions. I did a lot of different searches and I could not come up with an answer myself.

I realize this is an old thread but think their are a lot of people that have this leak and don't have the knowledge to tear down their motor or money to have a stealership fix it. Does anyone have ANY reasonable fixes short of a teardown??? Yes, I have the same problem, and No, I really don't wanna crack the head loose if I don't gotta..

Someone,, anyone,,, real answers would be appreciated. Thanks.
    sigpic
    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

there is no simple answers you wanna fix it, fix it, that means tearing it down.

Comment

Yeah , pretty much . I TRIED fixing mine after the same with all sorts of sealers , but you can't get all the way around that tube . You can TRY , but it'll still dribble . Gotta yank the head and re-do those tube . LUCKILY , this doesn't mean dropping the engine . Just loosening the head enough to get those tubes out and fixing it . But it'll still take like half a day . Probably more if you ain't prepared or know what you're getting yourself into .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X