X

Does purchasing exhaust....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does purchasing exhaust....

Void the warranty on the bike? Or in that case, does any mod to the bike void the warranty?

Yes I believe it will. I'm sure it is written in the warrenty document.

Comment

Save your old one, bolt it back on if you ever have to take it to the stealership. Its a 5-10 minute swap (for a slip-on).
      2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

Originally posted by Specter
        Save your old one, bolt it back on if you ever have to take it to the stealership. Its a 5-10 minute swap (for a slip-on).
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

AFAIK, there are laws that prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers, etc from denying warranty coverage because aftermarket parts are present, or have been used. The warranty coverage can be denied only if it can be proved the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought.

That's the way it's been for a while concerning automobiles, I don't really see how it would apply differently to motorcycles.

Maybe if you were trying something that could really hurt the engine (ie forced induction) but hey, you're talking about changing out the exhaust, people do that to cars all the time.

But if you feel better swapping the exhaust back to stock before you take the bike in for service, by all means swap them.

Comment

per the Magnuson Moss act, yer still covered, UNLESS they can show that the maintenance or mod you performed CAUSED the warranty claim.

sooo, if you swap the pipe and you have a warranty claim for the suspension or transmission, no problem.

however, if you replace the pipe, don't rejet, and hole a piston or sieze the engine because of the lean condition you caused, no dice.

the complete 4 into 2 exhaust form the Kat is big and heavy... kinda akward to store after you remove it. just make sure you rejet and synch the carbs and you won't have a problem.
            KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
            X