X
X

MSF:ERC and BRC one man's opinion.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just took the MSF course today and i had decided to take the advanced riders course even though i have never taken one before, but i am a determined person and i passed the written with a 100 and i had all first time goes in all events
    06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

I took the MSF course this past weekend and loved it. As a rider with only a few months under his belt, i learned a TON of stuff, mostly things i thought i knew but was doing completely wrong. Well worth the money spent, just make sure you arent late, at least in GA they take your money and wont reschedule you. =] dont do that like I did...but i got to take it again for free...=D
      2002 GSX-R750
      2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

the MSF is free in PA

Comment

thats a good deal in pa

Comment

There are some Free MSF courses in NJ (south) as well but they fill up fast; you can check the details at the NJ DMV website. I took the BRC MSF course from RENJ and it was great; I highly recommend it. I'm going to the ECR this year.

Comment

I just got my bike and immediately signed up for the MSF BRC. The classes must fill up really fast, because the next available section is August 10th
              2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

yeah, they do, the class i took had 7 people just trying to do walk ons....
                2002 GSX-R750
                2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

I took the ERC today and it was a good refresher. I'm still getting used to my Kat and this class did show me some of its cornering and braking capabilities in a safe environment.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

you passed !!! dont worry youll always be a failure in my eyes

Comment

I took the MSF course last Aug. I walked in there with NO experience at all except that I knew how to ride a bicycle. The course was 3 days and $275. Very informational and alot of fun I feel that everyone getting their license should be made to do that course. I also feel like there should be more info about motorcycles when you get a permit/license for a car maybe cagers would look out for us a bit more and result in lesser "I didnt see em until it was too late deals" The MSF course was worth the money and the time. I wish that I could do it again for refresher but it should be free like PA.

Comment

I took the MSF (ERC), which it was well worth it! I would recommended it to anyone. The instructors push all riders to gain there confidences on the road. Alot of experienced riders were put to the challenge, some learned alot about them selves and there machines. Lots of fun!!!

Comment

Well, I bombed my "road" test today to get my CY endorsement Mostly (I think) because I was using their 250 honda p.o.s. cruiser instead of my 750. I felt like a fish out of water on it, but I'm going to take the BRC before I go back since this is my first bike.

Today I become the bull...

Comment

I took the course last year, and it was fun and i learned alot. And i passed both test 100%! I ended up failing the first time i went for my license for having my visor up less that a 1/2 inch on a 100* day , but i passed the next time with flying colors.

Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Comment

I have never taken the BRC, but take the ERC after every 12 month all expense paid vacation in the sand. I am an avid supporter of the MSF program. I also now believe the race track is an excellent place for learning, not the drag strip. My emergency braking, swerving, and all around abilities in the corners have improved. My 2000 Kat streetfighter is my track toy. Much cheaper to wreck than an 06 Triumph Sprint. You can drag your knee with a Kat on Continental Road Attacks. I am switching to Race Attacks this year. Will have some good feedback on those by May. I do love the Road Attacks. Got six thousand miles out of the rear on my 120hp Sprint.
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST
                              2000 Katana 750 Streetfighter

Keep it rubber side down and your knees in the breeze.

Comment

I am a MSF coach in training here in Alabama, I have over 40 hours of instructing time, Going to the school to becaosm a coach AUg 20th -27th, Paid vacation from work and i get to do it on the clock and while playing with motorcycles. Yee haw. i really like the MSF course adn the confidence it teaches a student are awesome, You get to watch some student go from clueless to a decent rider in one class.
                                Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

Working...
                                X