No announcement yet.
X

I´m so lucky.... :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A water pumper WILL NOT fit in an oil cooled frame. Remember that!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Can you take parts off your current bike to use on that one if you get it?
      Yep, its possible, but I´m so sentimental than surely dont do that... And replace a engine is funniest!!!

And for the 92 gixxer, she is water cooled, isnt? I would buy the whole bike and use it as she come, and I would wait for better times and a Bandit 1200 engine...
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

No Mas the 1992 GSXR is still an oil cooled engine here in the U.S. You will be able to tell if it is oil or water cooled just by looking at it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
          No Mas the 1992 GSXR is still an oil cooled engine here in the U.S. You will be able to tell if it is oil or water cooled just by looking at it. Good luck!
          Umm, here in Spain, the 1992 model was the first one water cooled. and I have search here and says that 1992 was the first water cooled year.

However, I have buyght the low sided Katana with 34000km,. Ower is asking 600 euros, and I have found in a few yunkyards only the engine at the same price, so I have decided bought it. My dude gonna try start it next monday, get it carburated, maybe new plugs and then I will replace the whole engine, with carbs and exhaust. If it starts... [/url]
          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Sweet, and you'll have more extra parts!
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
              Sweet, and you'll have more extra parts!
              Yep, and a project bike... Streetfighter, track bike? ummm
              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Hey Mas sorry to hear dude.
                At this very moment I'm looking at a 750 engine with less than 15K on the odometer (complete with carbs etc.) on Ebay.de starting bid is 800 euro direct buy is a grant.

Looks fabulous.
                Just one problem the seller doesn't want to ship, so if you would like to have it I could go to him, check the engine thoroughly (according to the powerseller it's absolutely in mint condition) and ship it to you.
                If you would like the idea I have to inquire about shipment-costs and you should have a Paypal account. (I'm thrustworthy, you are thrustworthy I know, but....)
                Just let me know man!

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                  Hey Mas sorry to hear dude.
                  At this very moment I'm looking at a 750 engine with less than 15K on the odometer (complete with carbs etc.) on Ebay.de starting bid is 800 euro direct buy is a grant.

Looks fabulous.
                  Just one problem the seller doesn't want to ship, so if you would like to have it I could go to him, check the engine thoroughly (according to the powerseller it's absolutely in mint condition) and ship it to you.
                  If you would like the idea I have to inquire about shipment-costs and you should have a Paypal account. (I'm thrustworthy, you are thrustworthy I know, but....)
                  Just let me know man!
                  Wow, thanks bud!! Thats a great deal!!! Here in Spain I have found only high mileage engines and no one less of 600 euros!!
                  But I have decided to buy the wrecked bike. Brand new exhaust system, and a lot of extra parts. But in a future, I would search for another engine and make the wrecked one a track bike. But I need more $$$$$$$$$$$
                  PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Great to hear Mas, however it would have been a nice excuse for me to do some speeding on the German highways

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                      Great to hear Mas, however it would have been a nice excuse for me to do some speeding on the German highways
                      Thank you again, I´m still searching for a front brake reservoir, hose and clamps of gixxer or sv, for my gixxer 1K master cylinder, if you find something cheap, let me know!
                      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I will Mas

Comment

Updated NEWS!

Hi, I have fnally bought the wrecked kat, but there is a few problems...
                          First, she has 63600 km and not 36000!!!! LOL!! and she had a big impact in the right side, but engine isnt damage. Forks look straigh, and same with swingarm, rims and tires are new, but are Michelin Macadams.
                          Gauges are in better shape than mine, and only have one passenger peg!
                          Exhaust system has a big dent, but sounds nice, maybe I put it, sounds way better than mine!
                          And the best is that she started at first attemp!! Sounds nice, rev nice, so I think that at least she would last me 10-15000 km more, and then... GIXXER 1000!!! (If I win the lotto, lol!)
                          Well, tomorrow afternon I will start stripping both... Wish me luck!
                          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Congrats Mas!!! Sounds like you didn't get cheated on the Kat. Looks like I might see Jerez agin this year. Might hit Rota to do a site survey and of course I recommended to do it right when the race is on!!!
                            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                            MSF Rider Coach 27028
                            MoPowerSports.com
                            Torco
                            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                              Congrats Mas!!! Sounds like you didn't get cheated on the Kat. Looks like I might see Jerez agin this year. Might hit Rota to do a site survey and of course I recommended to do it right when the race is on!!!
                              Yep!! 8, 9 and 10 April is the date!!! If you come, I will try to see you (if I have a ride to go Jerez, lol!)
                              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

OH NO!!!

Mas get your buddy with the R1 to sell it too you. Yeah!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X