Best of the 600CC Sport Bikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the 600CC Sport Bikes

Hello everyone,

Being now in my second year of riding, I want something a little more sportier, quicker and more light weight/agile. I think I have narrowed the field down to at least 4 bikes.

The Honda CBR600RR, Yamaha R6, GSX-R600 and the Kawasaki Ninja 600.

The Honda is the slowest of the pack, but not but very much. I was just wondering more about reliability to be honest. I dont want to have to deal with carbs anymore so the bike will have to be fuel injected. I don't have any specific years in mind but I don't want anything older then 2010.

What are your thoughts/experiences on the four bikes mentioned above? Are there any other sport bikes to consider?

Thanks fellas

You'll want to test ride them for your liking speed shouldn't be a factor unless you track ride the bike. There are a few more since your only focusing on the Japanese bikes but, it depends on your budget..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I think your posting on the wrong forum! Might look for a local motorcycle forum in your area. They will have more input on modern bikes.
      1990 katana 1100

Comment

First year for fuel injection:
        Yamaha R6 - 2003
        Honda CBR F4i - 2001
        Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) - 2003
        Suzuki GSX-R 600 - 2001

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          You'll want to test ride them for your liking speed shouldn't be a factor unless you track ride the bike. There are a few more since your only focusing on the Japanese bikes but, it depends on your budget..

Not so much speed as its more about acceleration that I am after as well as being light and agile.

What are the other bikes you are thinking of? I have considered Ducati, but I'm sure insurance will be extremely high. And I hear that they are not really reliable.

Comment

Search euro bikes.... Aprilla and triumph comes to mind, Ducati is another, there is a few others. There cost can be high though.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
              I think your posting on the wrong forum! Might look for a local motorcycle forum in your area. They will have more input on modern bikes.
              You may want to check the title of this section and the description

92 junker- I really like the Daytona 675 & 675R, especially the engine and exhaust note. The riding position is less then ideal however. This was just me sitting on it in the dealer ship. I may take it out to see how it feels. I really dig the look of this bike especially the R with the red painted rear frame section and white fairings. *drool*
              Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 05-02-2017, 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I want an RC51........I may just get one.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

4 cyl 2 stroke

Comment

Yes and
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                      Yes and
                      *Only* $18k... Ebay

From the looks of the stuff in the background, I'd say this guy is putting out his 'trash'...

Comment

I would go with the Ninja 600. I hit a 750+ lb feral hog with mine at 100+MPH, a head-on for both of us, and I came out missing the left foot peg, leaving a dangling shifter, but kept it going and got home on it that night. I fixed it and two weeks later rode it from West Texas to the Dragon (1,450 miles--KR rally) and back and had a blast. Mine was an older zxr600 in persimmon red, with a bit of custom flat black paint after the hog meeting. Outstanding bike though. And the ZZR1200 I got later, well, the only time I've moved faster was with Southwest Airlines.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Nice....LOL

Since Junker mentioned the Daytona, I had another look at the 675R. I have to admit, I am kind of now infatuated with it. Looks so sweet in white and the inline 3 cylinder sounds real good.
                          I have narrowed the choices down between the Ninja, the R6 and the Daytona 675R. Gonna have to get some seat time in each of these bikes to make the right choice for me.
                          Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 05-03-2017, 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Apparently Buell is back and decently priced They are a good looking bike.
                            2002 750 Kat
                            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                            X