X

voltage regulator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voltage regulator

just wondering if anyone knows how painfull of a job this is to replace? havent tried to find it yet as i am waiting for the part to arrive but dont know if i can do it at home or need to take it in, also a location of this part could be helpfull

Originally posted by katrider750 View Post
    just wondering if anyone knows how painfull of a job this is to replace? havent tried to find it yet as i am waiting for the part to arrive but dont know if i can do it at home or need to take it in, also a location of this part could be helpfull
    I thought the voltage reglator was built into the alternator?

If it is, then you have the split the alternator and you might as well throw in new brushes and diodes.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

The alternator on the kat has all the electronics for the regulator and rectifier built into it.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ok so ive changed the voltage regulator and i am still running over 15 volts so im at a dead end as where to look? any iformation would be appreciated, the battery is good as far as i know but it has been recharged about 4 times now from the previous problems.

Comment

Use a meter and check what the voltage is at the lines right at the alternator. One should be hot all the time, and one should go hot with the key. If they aren't both reading FULL BATTERY VOLTAGE with the key on, then look for shorts or frayed wires, etc.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

thx i will try that and post up the results, assuming one of them isnt hot wat would be the normal fix? and stupid question but should they be running at a certain voltage also or no?

Comment

Working...
            X