X

very high idle, 1992 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very high idle, 1992 katana 750

i recently purchased a bike for 350 dollars, it runs fine but idles around 3k

on many bikes i have worked on, there is a black knob to adjust the idle

i have searched high and low on this bike looking for a way to adjust the idle and im convinced the kid i bought it from broke it off or something, because i cannot find it

anyone got a picture of where the idle adjustment is on the bike? or got one for sale.. if not i saw one for sale here

I say cut your loses while you can and save your money. Just sell me the bike for $250 Just joking
    But for real I'm not a carb guy so I dont want to miss lead you with false information. I dont know??? I can tell you I have a long, dangleing, phillips head screw sticking out of the left hand side of my carbs. I just have no idea what it does since I've never turned it. I always assumed it was the idle screw but I could be wrong? You should have a wire type of latch/holder bolted to the far left carb where it hangs. Number 20 in the illistration picture
    Good luck
    Last edited by katanarider; 06-28-2010, 01:46 AM.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

The adjuster on our bikes will be a little gold knob. It is on the left side of the bike just below the frame that that you can see when the main fairing is on.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

im guessing mine is broken off then, because there is nothing there, ill look further into it later

Comment

Don't be surprised if, when you find the adjuster you can't get the bike to idle at a lower setting. It's pretty common for folks to try compensating for clogged idle jets (from letting the bike sit too long) by cranking up the idle to ridiculous levels.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ya thats what someone else told me, ive been running this bike everyday and it runs alot better than when i first got it, so hopefully it will idle for me

Comment

You may get lucky. Not likely that the troubles will go away completely but stranger things have happened and riding a lot sure beats tearing into the carbs. Might even want to try a little Seafoam to speed up the process. It's one of the only fuel treatments that will actually dissolve deposits that've already formed.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
              X