No announcement yet.
X

Work In Progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet. Do you know if there is a Pre template out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdorb View Post
      Sweet. Do you know if there is a Pre template out there?
      There should be somewhere in this post http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50585

the ones on the first page dont work anymore
      Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

I have been trying to figure out how to make a custom paint scheme work on the post 98 katana for almost a year now, looking at every katana pic I could find, and nothing has got my blood going. Until now! Wow! You killed it. I mean your lines actually highlight the shapes of the tank and plastics in a way that gives so much more depth to the bike, while keeping a clean look. I always hated the cooling "intake" holes in the side fairing, and always seen them as an obstacle to deal with. The way you did that was genius, and the color break in the tank is pure art, in my eyes. My big thing was coming up with a design that worked with the lines of the bike, not against them, and yours is the first I've ever seen that did that and then some. When I first saw it I had to double check it even was a katana. I love katana's, just always felt the side fairings to be a bit clumsy, as in not fluid. your paint remedies that into an actual attribute.
        Thank you thank you thank you. Now I hope you don't mind me stealing your basic layout...

Comment

You are welcome to use what I have. I actually gave up on the paint design and just finished up the plastics with stone white. It was getting pretty frustrated when I couldn't get anywhere with it because my clumsy dad kept knocking the fairings of the table I had everything set up on so I would touch up the spots and when the weather was not as humid and thought I would get to work on the layout that day i would have to touch up more spots from them being knocked on the ground.
          Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

damn, I was excitted for a min there. I thought maybe I found a blank template but none of those pics work.. Any one have any on their computer still.. or know if someone could re-post some???
            My Bike/Project:
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

"We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Sweet action! Thanks for those!

Comment

Not a problem, I'm here for the people.
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Me personally i like the way all the lines flow except the one that runs from the headlight under the fuel tank...I think thats the only one that makes it look "blocky" as they say...But either way i dont think its going to look bad its just my opinion...Maybe go up beside the headlight,stop at the mirror,bring it around the gauges and follow the tank until you get to that nice little curve where your knee sets...Just an idea...everyone has different tastes...Just go with what you wana do because in the end the only person that has to ride that bike is you...Nice design though bud...Cant wait to see the bike...Should look sweet
                    Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

Awesome!! thanks for the pics.

and btw, i like the design!
                      My Bike/Project:
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

Working...
                      X