X

Touring passenger backrest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touring passenger backrest

Hi! everybody I am new here, I am realy interested in buing a 750 Kat but I have to be able to take my wife on touring trip, we have been riding togetter for at least 20 years and lots of thousands of kms. I ride mostly by myself that is why the Kat 750 interest me.
    What can be added to make it better for touring ?

Claude

You didnt mention what year your bike was, but if it is a 98+ Corbin makes a seat with a backrest, but they are pricey. Taller windscreens are also available for better wind protection, but a lot of people tour just as they are. These bikes are very comfortable for long trips as they are.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

The 750 is a good light touring bike. (Light on the touring, not that it's a light-weight bike.) I added a corbin saddle and electronic cruise control to my '95 750. The saddle has the option for a backrest although I never put one on since I don't take the kids touring with me and the wife won't ride b**ch for anyone since she learned to ride. Other than that I'd suggest finding a used Autocomm unit for talking to the wife and listening to some tunes while riding. Just the ability to tell your passenger when you're about to do something different or let them tell you when they need to find a restroom adds a lot to their confidence. I'm also working on adding cell-phone capability to the Autocomm using a Motorola T605 bluetooth module ($39 on amazon. Way less than buying the module from Autocomm!) so I can receive calls while riding. (My job keeps me on a short leash.)

Oh, and welcome!
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

welcome. the Kat is plenty comfy. add underarmor and you're set.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thanks guys for your all your infos I will evaluate the corbing seat and the taller wind screen.

Claude

Comment

Working...
          X