X

My First Kat - Street Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Kat - Street Fighter

I've been lurking around here for a while now and have posted a few times, but I thought I would share a few pics of my bike. It is an 05 600 that I picked up early this year. She is a little rough around the edges, but it is a blast to wind up and man-handle. I'm used to heavier/cruiser bikes, and it is a night-and-day difference when riding. I got this for my wife to (hopefully) learn on and something I could have some fun on as well. She still doesn't know about it, and soon after I got it, I quickly learned she would be pi$$ed if I got her a bike w/out her knowing about it (she likes to save $$$) I've kept it at my cousins garage and been riding it on occasion, but not as much as I would like. Here are some pictures of the beauty, don't know what I am going to do with it... keep it, sell it, make it a little easier on the eyes. I'll take any comments or suggestions with mods, etc.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Attached Files
    The story of my life.... "she ain't pretty, but she'll do for now"

Is there some sort of optical illusion going on there, or was your tank hit by a meteor? That crater is larger than Lake Superior. I'll bet you could go swimming in there after a nice downpour.

We really need to have a competition to see who has the ugliest gas tank, I'll post pics of mine in a few days.

The headlight is cool though.

Ok gotta know, how much did you pay for the bike?
    Last edited by Jmckib2; 10-23-2008, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmckib2 View Post

Ok gotta know, how much did you pay for the bike?

Too much! I think I have around $1400 in it. It was a repo, I would like to kick the PO in the head. The bike looks like it is 20 years older than what it is. I have done a little work to it, plugs, filters, battery, etc. The thing starts and runs like a champ though!

As far as the tank goes... doesn't everyone need a dented tank to stand on during stunt shows? I reallt need to get a larger sproket in the rear and turn this thing into a wheelie machine.

Comment

I like it , your off to a good start

Comment

I put on a different muffler, got the stock gauges mounted, and painted the tank. It wasn't perfect to start with, so I didn't think I could make it worse. Here are some updated pictures.
          Attached Files

Comment

LOL.....looks a ****-load better than the first we got. If you want your wife to ride it.....go for some pink decals and keep her happy.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Much much better. I'd suggest a front fender, but after that, I'd leave it that way. I've switched to blue.... but black is definitely the fastest color. Flat black is faster, but gloss will do.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by hubeerjw View Post
                I've been lurking around here for a while now and have posted a few times, but I thought I would share a few pics of my bike. It is an 05 600 that I picked up early this year. She is a little rough around the edges, but it is a blast to wind up and man-handle. I'm used to heavier/cruiser bikes, and it is a night-and-day difference when riding. I got this for my wife to (hopefully) learn on and something I could have some fun on as well. She still doesn't know about it, and soon after I got it, I quickly learned she would be pi$$ed if I got her a bike w/out her knowing about it (she likes to save $$$) I've kept it at my cousins garage and been riding it on occasion, but not as much as I would like. Here are some pictures of the beauty, don't know what I am going to do with it... keep it, sell it, make it a little easier on the eyes. I'll take any comments or suggestions with mods, etc.
                Thanks,
                Jeff
                I bought mine and hid it in a buddy's garage for a couple months. I got tired of sneaking out to ride it on weekends. So, I got real ballsy and hid it in one of the two toolsheds on my property. There it sat for at least a month. One Saturday, while riding in town, the wife called from the nail salon and insisted I meet up for lunch. Without time to drive home and swap into my truck, I walked into the nail salon helmet in hand. Heh heh, we've had some laughs over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck in Austin View Post
                  I bought mine and hid it in a buddy's garage for a couple months. I got tired of sneaking out to ride it on weekends. So, I got real ballsy and hid it in one of the two toolsheds on my property. There it sat for at least a month. One Saturday, while riding in town, the wife called from the nail salon and insisted I meet up for lunch. Without time to drive home and swap into my truck, I walked into the nail salon helmet in hand. Heh heh, we've had some laughs over that one.
                  Never had mine laugh over &$*@ like that. always get the look. you know the "you can sleep with that thing in the garage look"

Comment

Working...
                  X