X

info on jets pls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on jets pls

hello all. New to riding (sep '12) and 1st bike is a '04 gsx600f (4000 miles) which i love. Read loads of folk slagging it and loads loving it. Glad I made up my own mind!!!Still riding like a newbie but loving every minute.

Anyhows, just put on a Scorpion exhaust (sounds awesome) and upgraded to a K&N airfilter. Now looking to put in new jets and would like any advice on which to install..

thnx to any replies.....ride safe!!!

for startes get rid of the K&N air filter.. bike runs best with stock air filter..

Comment

once jets done was gonna get dyno tuned...still stick to stock air filter? any reason why it runs better...appreciate your reply

Comment

yes, definately stick with a stock air filter. There are lots of articles up here on this topic. Basically you have constant velocity carbs and they need the back pressure produced by your stock air filter to work properly.

Also, the consensus up here is that Factory Pro is the way to go for Jet Kits..
        Last edited by shift6; 02-21-2013, 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The CV carbs seem to like the little bit of vacuum the stock filters generate and it will be easier to tune. not to say you cant go with a K&N or even pods they will just be more of a PITA to get running perfect.
          Last edited by Aimbot9000; 02-21-2013, 10:21 AM.
          94 kat 600 RIP
          97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

Agreed, Get ride of the K&N and install stock filter, cv carbs need a restriction from the air filter to function properly. If your going with a jet kit use Factory Pro stage 1. Don't bother dynoing a 70 hp bike, your not going to see much Improvement from a 600 motor.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Seems like the word is getting out. Stock filter and FP jet kit. Ivan's jet kits have some following but it's a mixed bag and DynoJet kits aren't liked at all. There's also some benefit to be had from an ignition advancer. With the jet kit, it moves power down into a lower rpm range, where it's a bit more available during normal riding.

Biggest performance gain you're going to get is from the weight savings when you install that exhaust.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

agreeded, those stock exhaust are huge and heavy, why does Suzuki even put those on, they are useless..

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  Don't bother dynoing a 70 hp bike, your not going to see much Improvement from a 600 motor.
                  Can't totally agree with this. If the purpose of a dyno run is to fine tune the tuning, then it is worth every cent (or penny). 2.5 turns out ... 3rd clip ... xxx main jets ... sure, this will have the bike running well, but a dyno can get it running better. If it is to measure any HP gain, then yes, it is a waste of time and money.

Option 2 - add an O2 meter to your tuning kit. Cost equivalent to about 3 dyno runs and with some tinkering you get carbs very accurately dialled in for bike mods, local conditions, fuel etc. and hence, a better running bike.

Comment

been working away....many thnx for all replies....

couldn't believe weight dif in exhausts.....gonna replace stock air filter thnx for info on CV carbs.....now to look into ignition timer and 02 meters...will let you know....

really glad i joined a forum as could've spent weeks reading and loads of cash on useless upgrades....thnx again

Comment

Finally got round to spending some pennies...got bike dyno`d so now set up correctly and running like a dream alongside k&n filter and scorpion exhaust..they also advanced the timing for me (£30). Bike now rev's to 11,500 (prev 9500 which I thought was normal) for info bhp b4 was 67 and now 80. More than happy and cost £220 for dyno...would recommend www.torquetune.co.uk for UK riders.

Comment

Working...
                      X