X

New to KR, first bike, just introducing myself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to KR, first bike, just introducing myself

first off i'd like to say hello to everyone and that i've been scrolling through tons of threads on here for ideas and help with my first bike (98 GSX600F Katana) it has been a project from the day i got it.
    i've spent over 2 years messing with it off and on, most times it was good ecxuse to sip on a cold one and turn a wrench.
    it had aprox 25,2XX miles on it when i got the bike. i've replaced both oil lines, since one busted, squirted oil on the header and caught the bike on fire. replaced the clutch cable, mirrors, turn signal's, clutch and front brake levers, front tire (Metzeler RoadTec Z6 120/60-17), rebuilt the front forks, and a K&N is all i can remember off the top of my head right now.
    the bike has a V/H exhaust, I have a DynoJet kit to install but i'd like to get the carb rebuild kits (pretty sure i have a float sticking or at least something wrong with at least one carb) and build a carb sync tool and do it all at once.
    I need to replace the rear tire as well, somebody put a 180/55-17 on it years ago. still has excellent tread left on it but there are cracks in between the treads.
    I could definately keep rambling on and on about, but i'm way past just an intro already.

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR! If the k&N is a pod type setup, you might want to rethink that. They work great on some bikes but not on katanas. The carbs need the back pressure the stock air box/filter provide. Have fun the rest of the way getting her up and running!!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

the K&N is not the POD's, it's a regular OEM replacement style...
          if i let the bike sit for a couple hours, the fuel thats in the fuel lines will leak out. I think that one of that carb floats are sticking or something is wrong internally in one of the carbs anyway.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
                X