Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Why bother having your shock serviced at regular intervals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadowrider View Post
    Hey Tmod, I got a pre 750 and I am thinking about some love to the suspension. Whats the recommendations here. I am 5'10" and lets just say chunky . I never track but love twisty country roads. The kat will be mainly ridden around town with some play time on occasion. So lay it on me what am I looking at for my kat.
    Hey Shadow,

With the forks you would be looking at springs, and emulators for the performance pieces. You would of course need to do seals and fluids.

In regards to the shock, You could go with the Bandit 1200 shock which does not have the fancy clickers but is a very solid base for a nice rear suspension improvement. Kreylyn can offer feedback on the B12 shock on a pre.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
      Hey Shadow,

With the forks you would be looking at springs, and emulators for the performance pieces. You would of course need to do seals and fluids.

In regards to the shock, You could go with the Bandit 1200 shock which does not have the fancy clickers but is a very solid base for a nice rear suspension improvement. Kreylyn can offer feedback on the B12 shock on a pre.

Tmod
      Is this stuff I can do myself or is it better left to a pro? If I should leave it to a pro how much would it set me back?
      `03 Shadow VLX
      `92 Kat 750 Project
      ~M109R in the near future
      Originally posted by arsenic
      Oil's like religion, there's a million of them and yours is wrong.

Comment

its amazing how trash can accumulate over time ......
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowrider View Post
          Is this stuff I can do myself or is it better left to a pro? If I should leave it to a pro how much would it set me back?
          The shock no unless you have the tools to do it and then you still need to know what valving to use. Leave it to a person that has done them.

The forks if you are mechanically inclined then yep you can do them, Tear them suckers apart and drill some holes.

I charge (Labor) $120.00 to rebuild/revalve the shock, And $120.00 to rebuild forks and $25.00 to modify the damper rods for emulator installation. All the parts that would be needed are of course extra and you would need to add that to the labor charge if I did it.

Here is a breakdown on some pricing so you can get a idea of what things cost.

Fork:
          Springs $105.00
          Fluid $13.00 (Per liter) 1 Required
          Bushings $47.00 (Both inner & outer)
          Seals $42.00 (Both oil & dust)
          Emulators $145.00

Shock:
          Spring $100.00
          Spring Collar $20.00
          Fluid $7.00
          Gold Valve $145.00 (Optional)
          Shims $1.50 EA
          Seals $20.00
          N2O Bolt $15.00

That pretty much rounds out the parts pricing and not all of the above are required, It is all what your budget allows and how much you weigh and how hard you ride.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
          X