X

Got my Loobman Chain oiler installed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Loobman Chain oiler installed

I finally got my loobman Friday and couldn't wait to get it installed Saturday. It came instruction which were a little bit intimidating at first sight but once you read it and actually look at your bike its fairly simple. I haven't really tested it out yet. but i rode it abit and oil did get every where but i didn't see the o-rings covered like id expect. although on a standstill, the oil fall right on the rings. I need to adjust it to get it perfect.

If you want to understand how it works (since it use absolutely no pumps) imagine an IV (like from a hospital) with one of those catch tubes that the oil drips into, it then flows down (due to gravity) to the sprocket and lets oil get to the o-rings. thats it! pretty simple

Here are some pics:

Best location i could find without drilling or it getting in the way. Looks nice i think...

The mounting and the hose with a few oil traps

The feelers which actually are ends of zipties (easy to replace if one breaks)

Not bad for $35

If interested: www.chainoiler.co.uk

What type of oil are you running in it?

Comment

Only thirty five bux? Gee, I thought they were more than that. Who has em for sale? How long did it take to install?
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
        What type of oil are you running in it?
        The type of oil I am currently using is 20w-50 dino car oil. It states on their site that any car oil can be used.

Lighter = spreads better

Heavier = Sticks better

I think mine might be too thick which is why it might not be spreading to the o-rings as much. But with time ill figure out a good setup.

Originally posted by StevieB
        Only thirty five bux? Gee, I thought they were more than that. Who has em for sale? How long did it take to install?
        Yea it is the cheapest oiler out there. I am on a college student budget so cheap is always nice. I posted the site at the very end of my 1st post where you could get one. It states on their site that they don't sell them anywhere else. I placed my order last Wednesday and it arrived Friday.

The install only took about 1.5 hours. Only real problem was tinkering with the head which makes contact with the sprocket. I think i might still have to mess with it abit but ill ride it this week and see how well it works.

Comment

You can fab up a loobman yourself fairly easily -- the only tricky bit is down at the sprocket for the dispenser tip.

Zyphar, move the dispenser tips further rearward, so they hit the sprocket about 1/4" behind the base of the teeth -- the rotational motion will carry the oil forward onto the o-rings, rollers of the chain and teeth of the sprocket, plus, you will be far less likely to clog the dispenser tips with grease and road grime.

Remember: a little oil placed more often beats a lot of oil placed infrequently.
          Also: there is no such thing as an over-oiled chain until your tires start to lose grip

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Also: there is no such thing as an over-oiled chain until your tires start to lose grip

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            I think I did that at the gap going up the skyway!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Made something similar with a model plane fuel tank and a tap off the wifes fish tank, made two sided delivery tubes. I liked the simple idea of the Loobman but not the idea that once you've filled the tube it drips untill empty! what I'm looking for is a small, cheap and low wattage solenoid valve to make mine fully automatic.

Comment

I have a spare of the pump that powers the ProOiler and the Hawke Oiler, but it's not a cheap pump (rings in at a hair over $64 at wholesale). It's a small, solenoid pump that delivers oil in a single-drop quantity for a single cycle.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks, but I don't need a pump as my system works on gravity just would be nice to be lazy and have a valve switch on and off with the ignition thats all.

Comment

Working...
                  X