Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

NEW PICS! swingarm swap, GIXXER Shock and Yosh!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW PICS! swingarm swap, GIXXER Shock and Yosh!

here's a few pics of my latest:
    First, the exhaust I searched long and hard for.
    My Wife's 2002 600:
    Lowered and now loud!

Now my bike, with 98+ swingarm, and shock linkage, with 199? Gixxer shock: I got 1-1/2" in swingarm stretch, and 1" in lift with the singarm/shock combo.

I know I know, it's dirty, but almost impossible to keep clean where I work. it'll get a bath when i get it all back together and i'll post dsom pretty pics.

Wow. Impressive lift you have now.
    Bike is sold

Comment

Man that dual exhaust is just sick !!! way cool !!

Comment

How did you mount that dual exhaust on yours? I have been wanting to do that for a while now! Man that looks sweet!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

looks great Chris...glad you finally were able to get your wife an exhaust...now get her some real tires.

Your rear looks good, but lets see it OUTSIDE in the LIGHT (and with a new sticker on it)

Comment

and cut the shovel

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
              Wow. Impressive lift you have now.
              Thanks for the compliments, Spedee coming from the mad modder himself, that means a lot.

I also love the duals, it's one of the reasons I got the pre98, they are just factory pipes, with cobra F1s slip-ons they make a very nice deep sound!

As for the sticks, I have them, just have to get the bike clean and figure out where to put them!

Thanks, Again,

Chris

Comment

So what did you have to do to get that swingarm in there? I wanted to make that swap but was told it wouldn't fit.
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                  So what did you have to do to get that swingarm in there? I wanted to make that swap but was told it wouldn't fit.
                  Well,
                  I had to get a little creative. the 98+ uses a bigger axle, but the bearings are the same, so, I used the pre98 inserts and spacer. For the deatail obsessed, you may want to have some cut to fit, since the pre 98 inserts are a little bit shorter than ideal. then, the pivot point is a little bit wider on the 98+ so I put a bottle jack in between the frame points and spread it out about 1/4". From there on it's butter. I considered drilling out the pivot pints to allow for the larger axle, and allowing for use of the lager inserts and spacer, but that's a bet of precision work I wasn't prepared for.
                  You'll need:
                  Swingarm, shock linkage, brake arm, caliper, and brake line.

you reuse the pre98 pivot bolt, bearing inserts, and spacer, and chain adjusters.
                  You WILL need a longer chain, I got a 120 link and had to cut 2 out, so a 118 "SHOULD" be ideal
                  and now my 170 rear fits, with MUCH more clearance than before.
                  I stilll have not had it on the road, because of the weather, but it wil be ridden this week.

Comment

You just stuck the shock resevoir on the with wire ties ? I got the same shock and I'm planning on mounting it eventually .....really .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      You just stuck the shock resevoir on the with wire ties ? I got the same shock and I'm planning on mounting it eventually .....really .
                      Yeah that's a teporary situation, I have a bracket, but it's all rusty, I'm trying to find a factory bracket, but until then, wire ties it is..

Comment

Both bikes look awesome Chris..I agree, I still love the dual exhaust look on the pre98s. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                          Both bikes look awesome Chris..I agree, I still love the dual exhaust look on the pre98s. Keep it up!
                          Props from the swap master!

Thanks Matthew

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
                            Originally posted by md86
                            Yeah that's a teporary situation, I have a bracket, but it's all rusty, I'm trying to find a factory bracket, but until then, wire ties it is..
                            Hey , whatever works ! I'll probably just do the wire tie thing with mine (if I ever get around to doing it...) .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Chris, that looks fantastic, you are talented!!
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X