X

Tutoro chain oiler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutoro chain oiler?

Has anyone fitted one of these to a Kat yet? i've got fed up paying too much for the Scottoiler and these things are only £16 so i fancy giving one a go, the only thing confusing me is where to mount the damm thing.

superb autonomous automatic motorcycle chain oiler, no vacuum or electrical required. Precision machined and Hand Built in England.

Good price, let us know how you like it.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

i've had one on a previous bike, but it was destroyed when i crashed, but there seems to be fewer places to mount it on the kat, it's a very simple design you just have to turn it on and off manually.

Comment

Have you looked at the Loobman? http://www.chainoiler.co.uk/

Decent enough unit, does a nice job keeping the chain lubed and lasting well, but makes a huge mess. You don't have to turn it on or off, just a squeeze before heading out. I took mine off because it got in the way of my swingarm stand, and because it made such a mess all over the swing arm and rear wheel. I'm regretting taking it off now, but my wheel and swingarm are much cleaner.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

the lubeman one never appealed to me, seems more of a hassle than it worth

Comment

not a big fan unless your doing serious cross country touring. they sling a large amount of oil onto the rim/tire that will migrate to the tire surface.

Belray makes travel size cans of Superclean chain lube. Safer and looks better
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Simon UK View Post
              the lubeman one never appealed to me, seems more of a hassle than it worth
              Really, more of a hassle than having to remember to turn the other one off? Loobman procedure for me was: start bike, put on helmet and gloves, press bottle, ride to where ever, repeat procedure next morning. If I forget to squeeze it, no big deal, It's not like I'm going to be parked in a puddle of oil.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

i made myself a home made version of scootoiler.
                parts needed:
                you need a tank, i used i think its a water for screen splash from Lada
                you need tube, any oil resist tube would do, i used medical tubes
                to make it work auto, youll need a electro valve, i found one thats being used for auto gas, works on 12v and uses maybe 2Amps.
                and for lubing you need 2 medical needles and some copper tubes. so everytime you turn the key on your bike it starts lubing your chain, adding an extra valve (manuallu operated) will give you a control how many drops per minute...
                cost? 10-15 Euros
                pics and comments.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Very nice and clever setup FJCharlie.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                    i made myself a home made version of scootoiler.
                    parts needed:
                    you need a tank, i used i think its a water for screen splash from Lada
                    you need tube, any oil resist tube would do, i used medical tubes
                    to make it work auto, youll need a electro valve, i found one thats being used for auto gas, works on 12v and uses maybe 2Amps.
                    and for lubing you need 2 medical needles and some copper tubes. so everytime you turn the key on your bike it starts lubing your chain, adding an extra valve (manuallu operated) will give you a control how many drops per minute...
                    cost? 10-15 Euros
                    pics and comments.
                    Originally posted by thetable View Post
                    Very nice and clever setup FJCharlie.
                    +1

So 12-15€. Does that include shipment?
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

bless her the mrs was certainly feeling generous and treated me to a scottoiler with the dual injector for christmas. all fitted and working perfectley now

Comment

Working...
                      X