Mesh Source for Mesh Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh Source for Mesh Mod

Hey all

So this winter I plan on doing the mesh mod and found out that a site I frequently use for work is a great source for better options than just gutter guard.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Thats the one I like the most, I prefer the finer mesh but I am a bit concerned about getting enough heat ventilation.

What do you guys think. That site literally has every possible mesh size and material.

i wasnt able to see the pic (maybe its my work computer). i wouldnt count on the mesh being a winter project for you... more like a couple of hours at most!

but lemme see that mesh option!
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Comment

I can't see a picture either?
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I wasn't able to see the pic, but I searched the site for mesh, and every style of mesh they have is like 60$. I'm sure gutter mesh from like Home Depot or something is like 2$ a sheet. Why would you spend so much money on the mesh from this site? Granted, they do have some cool designs, but still not worth IMHO.

Whatever, to each his own I guess.
        - Remember -
        Ride wherever the road takes you and
        never stop until every inch of pavement
        has tasted your rubber.

Comment

I'm not into the mesh, but whatever works for you, go for it

Comment

The downside to the mesh, is that you can't get to anything behind the plastics without removing the plastics. Like the idle adjust knob on the carbs.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              The downside to the mesh, is that you can't get to anything behind the plastics without removing the plastics. Like the idle adjust knob on the carbs.

i had to disassemble the whole thing just to get my frame sliders on because of the mesh. then again, i think its worth it because the holes look so...plain now i guess.
              previous rides
              06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
              next ride - another kat

Comment

i dont mind takin off the plasics, normally when i do that it just gives me more ensintive to do somthing else to it since i got them off haha
                sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

I used this http://www.customcargrills.com/ for my mesh mod and the holes are still big enough that I can slip this one screw driver I have in there and adjust the idle screw. The I just used some Cold Weld from Canadian Tire
                  I haven't had any ventilation issues and I even did a long haul ride through the mountains
                  1999 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                  X