X

Rivet Tool

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivet Tool

I cant seem to find anyone around that rents them. I got a RK chain and it came with the rivet master link. I dont really wanna do a clip have heard some stories......any suggestions.
    99 Katana 600-Sold
    2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600-my new baby

i bought a $50(imo thats pretty cheap)(brakes and rivets) works perfectly, put a new chain on the other day w/ it.

Comment

buy one

Comment

Or get a clip link, put it on, and drive it to someone that has a rivet tool.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I would buy one for 50 all I could find em for is 100 or more
          99 Katana 600-Sold

Comment

Check with The CyberPoet
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

CP rents one I think, but if you check ebay you will find a Chinese knockoff of the motion pro for $38 plus $9 to ship. Search for "Chain Breaker". Its a guy in NY selling them. I don't have any experience with this guy though the package shown is a complete knockoff of the Motion Pro and the RK chain breaker/riveters.

Comment

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...2&kwtid=274648 I seen one on this site for 14 bux but didnt seem like it would be a good product for that low of a price.
                Last edited by Layinlowstang; 03-05-2009, 06:06 PM.
                99 Katana 600-Sold

Comment

I know MD86 has one, he put my chain on for me. Offer some pizza and see what happens
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I broke one of the cheap ones when I first tried to rivet my link. I ended up using a few BBs and some vice grips. Press the bb in with vise grips to get the mushroom to form, tighten, and repeat. Took a lot longer than using a tool, but ended up turning out just fine. Just be sure to take your time using this method.
                    91 Galant VR4 #627/2k
                    94 Katana 750 "Streetfighter"

Comment

Pit Posse sells them on ebay for like $50.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        I know MD86 has one, he put my chain on for me. Offer some pizza and see what happens
                        Yeah , he's too far away , I already looked .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

How far are you from the nearest cycle shop? The one down the road from charges $10 to install the rivet master link...lots of guys around here put a clip type link on, then drive up there, pop the clip link off, hand the tech the rivet link and a $10 bill and they do it right there. Takes longer to smoke a cigarette.....

Comment

I carry the tool for $44.81 including flat-rate (small) priority mail shipping, paid via paypal (NOTE: Florida residents have to add sales tax). Can't do better than that.

Details: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              I carry the tool for $44.81 including flat-rate (small) priority mail shipping, paid via paypal (NOTE: Florida residents have to add sales tax). Can't do better than that.

Details: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                              Is that pin replaceable without buying a new bolt with the pin?

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X