Praise - Continental RoadAttacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise - Continental RoadAttacks

2003 750, UK model:

Was riding unhappily on Metzeler Sportec M1s the second half of last year and the bike was skittish, slippery on cold or damp roads (although good on really wet roads), very hard to get over on bends and tended to fall rather than lean on sharp corners - I always felt like the road was in charge, not me. Harsh and difficult to ride on all round, tyres never suited the bike or my riding style or the type of journey I usually make.

Went out today for the first time on new Conti RoadAttacks (stock sizes) and it's a different bike. Firstly the ride is smoother, it's much happier crossing lane boundaries and small grooves or cracks in the road, you almost don't notice they're there. Secondly, it sticks and sticks and sticks to the road surface. I did some fast miles to scrub in the tires before gradually adding in twistier roads bit by bit and the bike just flows through bends, the lean is incredibly smooth from one side to the other, you feel like you can keep hard on the gas through every bend. You just stay absolutely routed to the line you want to take.

And of course when your bike starts to behave so much better, you ride better too. Throttle, brake and gear changes get smoother. You spend less time controlling the bike and more time looking around, checking your mirrors, looking behind. I was also riding a lot faster than on my old tyres.

I'm trying slightly higher pressures too - 36/41 (I am 6' and about 190lbs). Feels like a more comfortable and secure pressure, might try to go up another lb or two on the front in a week or so.

All in all, that's the best money I've spent on this bike. Can't wait for the ride to work tomorrow!

Stay safe
    Duncan

I feel ya on the new tires... Just mounted conti -force tour tires myself, and I'm really happy with how they feel.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have Coni's Road Attacks as well and I like them too.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

The Conti's are an excellent tire
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone see the new Sport Rider as it rates the Conti's down a bit, They liked the Michelins and the Bridgestone.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
            Did anyone see the new Sport Rider as it rates the Conti's down a bit, They liked the Michelins and the Bridgestone.

Tmod
            Who has more advertisements in their magazine this month?
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
              Who has more advertisements in their magazine this month?
              Avon = 1
              Bridgestone = 1
              Continental = 1
              Dunlop = 1
              Metzeler = 1

Tmod

Comment

Tmod
                Well I guess it depends who you trust. Each magazine has different opinions.

My opinion is based on my experiences with the tires. I love the Conti tires.

This magazine loved the Conti's

2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                  Well I guess it depends who you trust. Each magazine has different opinions.

My opinion is based on my experiences with the tires. I love the Conti tires.

This magazine loved the Conti's

http://www.blackiceinnovations.com/f...reshootout.pdf
                  Oh I agree 100% I was just asking, I have never run the Conti's as I bought the Z6 right before they came out but next tire I just may give them a try.

Actually I don't trust any mag as they have in my opinion biased tests and results.

Tmod

Comment

Everyones opinion will always vary on tires. Simply because so many people ride different ways, different speeds, and have different things they require of their rubber.

I myself, liked my conti's, thats mostly likely what will go on my SV (sport attacks). There are a set of metzeler m3's on there now that I can spin up like no tomorrow
                    Currently Riding:
                    1995 Katana 600
                    V&H Exhaust
                    Jet Kit

SOLD
                    2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                    1987 XV700 Bobber
                    REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Tmod
                      Another factor one has to consider is tires behave differently from bike to bike. I feel the Conti is a great tire on the Katana. Someone riding a CBR might might not like Conti tires.

Comment

Just mounted mine up this past weekend... too soon to judge, but I'm happy so far.
                        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                        X