X

Got my new bike today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new bike today.

Well I finally got my bike this evening, 06 600 black, man it is nice . I had a 23 mile ride home and haven’t rode a bike for about 12 years, was a little nervous for about 1 min :P . And it all came back to me, I have got to say this bike is very impressive, responsive, and handles very well. I love it, my Vance & Hines SS2R should be in by next week, and I ordered a braada cowl last night. Now I’m going to go for the fender chop. I tried to post some pics but they said they were FUBAR or over size. Will take some good pics in the am, and post. So now I have 40 miles on it and cant wait to get on it again, Thanks for everyone’s input and for answering my questions, this site rocks. And I love my new Kat.

Congratulations on the new bike Sounds like an awesome looking machine. Can't wait to see pics. Take good care of your new baby
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

CONGRATS!

Cant wait to see the pics.

Comment

Hey Airbourne. Tell me how the 06 rides. I am looking to get a Kat when i return from Iraq. Keep us posted.
        06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Cool!! I want to see some pics. I am painting mine black soon.

Comment

Great man, I bought the 06 600 Black in January and have been LOVING IT. Hope you do so as well. I have got my latest pictures of my mods in the pics and flicks section if you want to see where your bike can head to. I can’t wait to get my seat cowl. Will be icing on the cake.

Eidted by KR MGMT. Please watch the Caps locks. Thank You

Comment

Great!!! Start racking up the miles!!!!

Comment

enjoy,i guess you got the gas card and tank bra.

Comment

hmmm, with all these black kats being sold, maybe i'll be able to find a place that sells pre-painted black 98+ plastics now? it seems like they sell them in every factory color except for black... pi$$es me off.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Cool! Gotta love the black! How does the new black look in person? Is it just plain black or does it have some sublte character? My 03 has a metalic blue flake that looks really cool in the sun!

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Colt! I got my 06 600 in Black a few months ago and it was a great choice. Would like a bit more power when getting up to speed, but then I could lose weight too. Neither's going to happen!<g>

I stripped the decals off my 600 because I didn't like them. It looks pretty good "all black". One of these days I'll figure out what to do with the shovel, but I hate throwing good money after bad into it until I bond with my kat. Have a great time! It's a great bike for re-learning to ride, but also a great choice if you want to learn new tricks.
                      MikeG
                      Central Oregon
                      2006 Suzuki GSX600F
                      (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

you only put 17miles on before you came in to post that you bought it. Man don't come back until you have over 100miles on it.

congrats by the way.

Comment

not wasting any time modding that are you

Comment

Good choice on the Black Kat.
                            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Congrats Colt!!! I bought my bike (black also) 3 and half weeks ago and I already put 968 miles. Happy Riding!!!
                              "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

Working...
                              X