X

Why in the :cursin ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdrcomm
    ..."Lordy, Lordy, Sweet Jeebus, Lordy" ...
    That's all I have to say....

Comment

My g/f is quick to point out stories about motorcycle accidents or stories she heard from other people, but is quicker than a fat person at a buffet to hop on the back of the bike if I ask her if she wants to come along for a ride.

Comment

my parents are quite ok with the bikes.. even widowmaker lol!

dad use to ride, but medical conditions ruled him out of it, i think he now tries to ride.. through me

mum was always passenger with dad, and has been with pillion with me a few times, she enjoys bikes.

but im forever copping crap from the grandmother (tho the grandfather is quick to point out he was a rider lol) and my non-riding mates..."your going to kill yourself on that thing" "i give you 3 months" "dont complain to me that your all busted up"

ffs..

cheers.joe.

Comment

I wasn't allowed to get a bike just cause one of my cousins had a crash, and it was automatically assumed that I was gonna have an accident if I had a bike (not that it didnt happen, but thats another story..). I loved motorcycles since I was a little kid, I was one of those kids that would look at a bike wide-eyed wondering how long it would be before I had my first motorcycle. And so I saved up, even pawned some of my valuable stuff to put a down payment. When I got my bike, I didnt tell my parents for the first month, even though it was parked in the same building we lived in. I had to tell them later, when I had no money to pay for repairs But eventually they realized that I wouldnt budge and would have a motorcycle no matter what, so I guess they accepted it. Where I come from (India), motorcycles are a major form of transport, here in the US it seems to be a big deal if one has a motorcycle, and in some cases, it gives a "bad a$$ factor", which I think is pretty cool. Everything aside, I love riding motorcycles, and if I have a bad day, all I have to do is get on my bike and go for a spin, and eventually everything will turn out alright.
          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Last time someone started giving me crap about motorcycle accidents, I showed him http://www.ride2die.com. He couldn't even look at the pictures. I ride a motorcycle. I know the risks. What makes non-riders think they have something to tell us about motorcycle accidents?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Deez
              Last time someone started giving me crap about motorcycle accidents, I showed him http://www.ride2die.com. He couldn't even look at the pictures. I ride a motorcycle. I know the risks. What makes non-riders think they have something to tell us about motorcycle accidents?
              That was an intesnse visit to that site...
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Deez
                Its human nature alot of time. They have a fear of motorcycles and they dont understand the mentality that riders have and the reasons we ride. When my parents tell me stories now and then I just take it as them worrying and then forget about it but when strangers start getting on your case, then its alittle easier to get defensive. Im usually not rude or mean about it but if they press the issue they'll know in no uncertain terms my feelings on riding and their thoughts on my riding.

Comment

That's a very disturbing website, indeed. Makes me even more safety minded. Now who's all for putting reflective stripes on their bike, and riding with a super-hi-power high beam headlamp on all the time?

I can say that if I'm being selfish, I wouldn't bother with safety stuff, as I haven't for most of my life. (I generally ride in jeans and a t-shirt and a helmet) But seeing stuff like that makes me remember that there are still people that have to deal with your death after you're gone, and I for one wouldn't want to put my parents, my siblings, my friends, or my girlfriend through something like that.

Wear your gear, be safe, stay alert........
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I really hope I didn't upset anyone with my post. But I hope that everyone who knows I ride sees that website and understands that they need to look out for motorcyclists. My point maybe was to shock my friend into seeing what can happen. We also need to know what can happen. I drove my car today since it was raining, and had two cars come into my lane and almost hit me. and I was in a car with my headlights on. It is dangerous and we can't expect anyone to look out for us, But we can keep ourselves safe(r) if we know what can happen and avoid it. Ride safe all.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                      That's a very disturbing website, indeed. Makes me even more safety minded. Now who's all for putting reflective stripes on their bike, and riding with a super-hi-power high beam headlamp on all the time?
                      Me. No accidents in the last 21 years of riding (a few in the first year). I have ambulance-grade reflective material on my forks and on the sides of the rear swingarm, plus on the shovel under the plate -- I don't care if it isn't hyper-bling, it works (especially the fork ones, according to drivers who told me they saw them when they didn't notice anything else).

It is a somewhat disturbing website, but there are much worse pic/vid sites out there that I've seen (I won't post them here -- PM me if you want links).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Ignorance is bliss I guess. People always criticize what they dont understand.
                        That's a funny comment. I would say that "People" who warn you of the inherrent danger of motorcycling do so because they understand it to be dangerous.

So they cannot relate to you/us, who chose to take that risk because you/we deem the benefits to outweigh the danger. I certainly wouldn't call that "ignorance"... to each their own and people talk!

To the original poster: If you are seriously offended by these comments, say so. Or help shape a better image of riders in general by taking the time to discuss gear and safer riding techniques.

First and foremost however, I must say that someone telling you what you're doing is dangerous (when it sorta is), is not cause for nearly as much frustration as you are displaying.

Just breathe dude... and ride safe!
                        My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

I just dance like a moron, People leave me alone and comment about people in white suits.
                          who would wear a white suit to work?... people are funny
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
                          X