Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

It's not if, it's when, right?-Now with damage pics (no 56k)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool custom rashing!

Well at least you can sit there at type. It could be a lot worse.

Comment

Wow didn't crack the oil cover...that's pretty good because many of the crashes that I have read about on that side of the bike they all end up cracking the oil cover and need to replace it...usually with an aftermarket on that is a bit thicker and stronger....Glad to hear you are ok!!
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

How does your pipe look?

As long as that's ok, the damage looks pretty light. Nothing really broken.

Are you making an insurance claim?

Comment

Glad you're ok! Glad the bike escaped with just a bit of "character" too. Target fixation is scarey. I did that a few times and almost ran off the road or couldn't make the turn. I got lucky, and the last one was enough of a scare to make me change.

Then one day I enter the turn way too hot. Traffic coming the other way, I KNOW I'm not going to make the turn, start to look at the outside then screw up my courage look inside and lean that babay father than I ever had. The rear slipped a bit but I stayed the hell off the brakes. I made the turn. Nearly had a heart attack, but made it fine.

Target fixate you most likely will crash, look into the turn and more likely you'll make it.

These days I just start the turn all wimpy and slow, hell there's no checkered flag waiting for me and no cash prize! And with my current tires and suspension I'd wad this bike anyway.

Comment

I am a mountain biker (bicycles) and target fixation is an issue there, too. I think I fixed mine on the trails- I look where I want to go, not at the obstacle.

Hey, some good seems to have come out of it- women just LOVE to ooze sympathy, and you got it from a woman who has her own bike! I see getting laid in YOUR future!
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

and whenever you wreck your first thought is
              "oh crap this is gonna hurt"
              then when you're done tumbling, pick up your bike, and it did hurt you think
              "dangit freak gosh why'd I do that ARRGG"
              then you have to ride home...
              Live and Lean.
              When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
              "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
              Romans 3:23

Comment

Well, not too bad overall. Certainly fixable.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but didn't you just have that custom paint put on the Kat recently? I'm just curious because I don't remember seeing any other yellow Kats with tribal tats on the site.

Whatever the case, I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Even if you don't fix the rashed areas right away, you can call 'em batttle scars 8)
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                  and whenever you wreck your first thought is
                  "oh crap this is gonna hurt"
                  then when you're done tumbling, pick up your bike, and it did hurt you think
                  "dangit freak gosh why'd I do that ARRGG"
                  then you have to ride home...
                  That is EXACTLY right!

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                  Not to rub salt in the wound, but didn't you just have that custom paint put on the Kat recently? I'm just curious because I don't remember seeing any other yellow Kats with tribal tats on the site.

Whatever the case, I'm sure you'll be back in the saddle in no time. Even if you don't fix the rashed areas right away, you can call 'em batttle scars Cool
                  Yeah, that was me, i just had it done in... march i think. Didn't even make it three whole months I am back up already though, i rode to work tonight, although it looks like there is a crack in my exhaust that i didn't see before. Darn, now i have to upgrade my exhaust.
                  - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well, I still have my stock exhaust from my '02 sitting in the garage and about to go in the trash. It is scratched (I can send pics if interested), but you can have it free if you just pay the shipping and are willing to wait until I can find a big enough box

PM me if interested.

Glad to hear you're up and riding again already!
                    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

That is what my friends and I like to call "custom body work," my bike has some from the previous owner. Glad its not any worse.
                      "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."
                      http://www.putfile.com/91750frider/images/6658

Comment

Working...
                      X