X

Removing Decals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Kat,
    Your bike looks sweet! I want a black katana so bad! But is there a way to take off the handle behind the seat? I understand you probably ride passengers, but im not quite ready for that yet lol.
    You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

I use a pinstripe eraser. It mounts on your cordless drill works great just take it very slow until you get the hang of it or you will burn through the paint.

Comment

i removed all my katana decals 4 weeks ago.all i have to say is i am still worn out.its a pain in the ass.i also used goof off

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
          i removed all my katana decals 4 weeks ago.all i have to say is i am still worn out.its a pain in the ass.i also used goof off
          I tell ya, Goof Off sucks IMO. I've found that Goo Gone works so much better. Don't know what the difference in chemical composition is between the two, but Goo Gone certainly has a better formula. I took my sticker residue off with Goo Gone with very little elbow grease. I used to use Goof Off at one time, but I was converted to Goo Gone long ago.

When you apply the Goo Gone, I found it to work best by wetting a rag with it and then lightly applying it to the "sticky" areas so it would stay wet. Then I'd wait about 5 minutes to come back and the residue would wipe right off. I think the trick is to let it sit for a little while and resist the urge to start wiping the residue off right away.
          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Yellow Kat is correct. Apply Goo Gone (NOT GOOF OFF), drink a beer, rub off, & repeat. The rear decals are tedious but on a nice sunny afternoon it shouldn't take to long. After about a 6pk you'll have a nice clean bike.

Comment

I used Label and Sticker Remover today to take off the remaining stickers on my bike. I took off the KATANA and 750 stickers from both sides and the rear SUZUKI sticker. All that remains is the metalic SUZUKI sticker above the headlight and the 3D S on the tank. I`ll leave them alone.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Hummm....I need to attempt this soon.
                Roops Photography|facebook|
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I just used goof gone to remove the warning stickers on the faring of my new bike it was real easy. Can I use it to remove the warning sticker on my gas tank also?

Comment

Yes, even the decals on the sides of your bike and the warning stickers on your swingarm.

Comment

Working...
                    X