X

Fuel flow problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel flow problem

I have a 1993 katana 600, and i have spent almost a year rebuiling it since buying it from a friend. I finally have everything together, except, now I can't get it to fire up. I have taken the petcock apart and cleaned it, but am afraid that it was not put back together correctly. The repair manual doesn't show an exploded view of the petcock, does anyone have a pic to show the exact way it should be put together?
    sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

CHeck this out, it might be what you are looking for.

Comment

Well an easy way to see if the petcock is working,disconnect the fuel lines from the carbs,and see if each is pouring equally into different small containers in the same amount of time.Do you have in line fuel filters on the bike?

Comment

No, there are no inline filters, and I took the lines off and there is no fuel flowing from either place on the petcock, I tested it in all 3 positions
        sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

when i turn mine to prime it just trickles out at a very slow rate. is this normal or should it pour out fast like a faucet?

Comment

i appreciate your help
            sigpic

Go Buckeyes !!!

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
              when i turn mine to prime it just trickles out at a very slow rate. is this normal or should it pour out fast like a faucet?
              It should pour out fairly slow. The carbs don't consume all that much fuel (remember, it turns into a vapor before being sucked into the engine, and a little fluid = a lot of vapor).

If you start getting fuel starvation issues, then it's not flowing enough. As long as you're not having any symptoms, don't sweat it.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X