No announcement yet.
X

Deer Chaser Thingys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where i used to live in the country in southern texas all the cop cars had them. The would go flyin by and you could hear the deer alerts screamin. Some times they even hurt my ears if I was close enough. That being said it still doesnt guarentee it would scare a deer away.

Comment

I just found some more information indicating what I suspected previously may be more true than I realized (that the cheap plastic ones aren't particularly effective, but there are better solutions out there that do work). There's an active one (doesn't work on air-flow, but via battery power) called the Hornet (specifically models S-120 & V-135) that comes highly recommended to me by a friend who says they have them on their air force vehicles to drive deer away from the runways on their air base. Not nearly as cheap ($60 or so), but if it really works, it's worth it if you are constantly being bombarded by deer. Subsonic and ultrasonic from what I understand.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by KatMan94
        ... The would go flyin by and you could hear the deer alerts screamin. Some times they even hurt my ears if I was close enough.
        KatMan94, you're scaring us
        Alex - 03 750Kat for street, 01 DRZ400e for dirty fun stuff. Stay safe and ride well…

Comment

Working...
        X