No announcement yet.
X

1/4 mile

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't mean to mislead you range. i don't really talk about bikes. i just got into bikes several months ago so i'm still a little wet behind the ears. and like i said my brother will just not let it rest that i got a katana. he went as far as saying when he comes down on vacation with his friends i cant ride with them. i got the kat because the dealer did not want to sell me a gixxer since i never rode before. he told me to get the kat and then after a couple of years upgrade. thought that was cool of the guy looking out for me. by the way my brother has a 1999 busa, 03 gix 750 and 04 gix 1000

Comment

another thing i did say HE JUST GOT HIS BIKE DOWN meaning he was working on performance

Comment

Is a sv1000 faster than a KAT 750?

jC

Comment

your dealer is very wise.

just be cautious when people start talking performance trash....yeah...a SS bike will be faster then a Kat...but who really cares...the Kat 600 would beat the faster performance bikes from the 80's....It is all relevent.

You don't buy a kat for 1/4 mile times...and you don't buy a Busa for track days....but you COULD do both with either bike.

Just enjoy what you have...and keep asking questions...it is how ALL of us learned.

(I wasn't trying to flame you...I knew you were new to bikes...just trying to help you out when asses start going on about how crappy the Katana is)

Comment

thanks range
            by the way love my kat

Comment

I think I've done the 1/4 mile in about 10.7 or close to that...

Comment

Originally posted by jcoria
                Is a sv1000 faster than a KAT 750?

jC
                no F'n way...Kat 750 will ride circles around the SV 1000

Comment

sweet

Comment

yes the SV 1000 is faster than kat. SV has around 110 hp at rear wheel and i s lighter.
                    Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
                      yes the SV 1000 is faster than kat. SV has around 110 hp at rear wheel and i s lighter.
                      but I just said the Kat 750 was faster....so it MUST be true!

Comment

hmmmm ... that so...been looking at those also. I like them alright, only thing... i like them fully covered with the front fairings...not naked...looks odd to me for some reason...my friend has a 650s that has all the fairings on it.

jC

Comment

What lb boost? And what kinda lockup is he running? Im curious.
                          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                            Originally posted by illinoiskat
                            but I just said the Kat 750 was faster....so it MUST be true!
                            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

i did 8.5 in the 8th.
                              www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                              Katana Frame Sliders
                              The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                              98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                              I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

time is a funny thing . . . .

As a pretty newbie street rider, it's hilarious to me how fast my 750 Kat feels.

I have been racing cars since 1990, driven some cool stuff including 600+ HP 1250lb Winged SprintCars in 2003 and my current ride is a 721 HP Florida Modified. I owned a 1996 Dodge Viper which I bought wrecked and rebuilt it (the hood alone was $7500 ) and before I sold it was a legit flat 12 second 1/4 mile car (gear change + computer mods).
                                I'm not bragging about car stuff, just trying to qualify my opinion.

And my poor old Kat makes them all seem tame in a straight line. I'm SURE that part of it is the "being out in the open" element. I'm used to a 6-pt harness and a cage. But daymn I like the bike feel.

AND ... I ride pretty darn conservative. Really. 8)

in case anyone wants to see car stuff : www.jloweracing.com

Comment

Working...
                                X