X

state trooper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state trooper

Was riding home today on the toll road. Just fifteen miles from home someone came up to me in a yellow r6 and waved to ride with him. Start going pretty good around 85 to sometimes 100 when all of a sudden i see a statetrooper on the otherside of the tool road. Quickly look at my mirrors and I can see him turn on his lights and starting to cut through the median. I am usaully a goood citizen but just didn't feel like getting a ticket so I punched it got off at the next exit, which happens to be state trooper headquarters, rode a couple of miles and parked behind of a gas station. It took about 5 minutes for the cop to zoom by. T\hats the first time i've ever done that. Has anyone done this before?

Nah, never done nothin' like that... EVER...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well... yea, I've done that before. Did it once in a car and the cop ended up finding us anyway. Since I made the passenger get out of the vehicle, the officer couldn't identify which of us was driving so no ticket.
      I felt bad though- but I do enjoy my insurance rates...

Comment

Only once. But not really on purpose. :P

We blew by the policeman at about 110-120 he put his lights on but then he turned them right back off. So we kept going.

In Arizona the will floolow long enough to get a plate or call ahead to another unit and meet you at your house.

I don't usually ride that fast on the street anymore.
        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

YES YEs and Yes..you have to do what you have to do.sometimes...not condoning it but 80 to me feels like 50..especially on a freeway...

Comment

Outrun a cop before, nah not me either

Just be careful about making a habit out of it becuz sooner or later your gonna get burnt and the fines for evading an officer are alot more than just a few points and a couple hundred dollar fine for speeding.

Comment

done it in a car, would do it on my bike to save my butt

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Done it a few times in a car, got caught once. Since I'm a fairly new rider I'd never do it on my bike unless I was lready way ahead and he got caught in traffic. I'm a total idiot in a car and would do some pretty sick stuff to get away (and have) , but on my bike I'm still skeered of eating it.

Comment

I did it when i had my firebird And i wanted to show my brother-in-law how the car performed with the new cam i installed and the 3.73 limited slip rear.It was scary-fun,But i definetly wouldn't recomend it
                  97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Naughty, Naughty people you!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

What!? Me? *cough* well, maybe. The road was two lane, and then right before a city, it splits to four and the roads get really nice. So, I rolled on the throttle up to around 90. Right then, I caught a cop ought of the corner of my eye comming the other way, just after he cut his lights on. He had about 300 yards to make it to where it splits to turn around. I caught the next exit. 8)

Comment

good thing bout northern VT is 2 lane highway most of the time u can see miles ahead of you and the median is a valley and cops would have to slow down and do 10mph to turn in it or go to the nearest U-turn
                        Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Never Intentionally, "Out Ran" a police car, however...
                          ...on the occasions that I've met one while travelling above the posted speed limit, I make it a practice to immediately close my eyes real tight and repeat, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home..." until I get to my driveway.

So far it's provided 100% success.

Give it a try.
                          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Not proud of it but yes. 2 times with a group and ones by my self ( did not want to get tickets for the team). And in my teen years there were few times in my car. However I'v been good for the past few years and planning on staying this way. It is so easy to get caught up in the speed and then get in to trouble.
                            www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Working...
                            X